Paul Verhoeven loves Columbo (not he director apparently)

mim731

• Paid Members

There wasn't really a thread that fitted to post this, but the director Paul Verhoeven (see EDIT) has randomly written a blog on his love of Columbo and it's really good. 

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2022/aug/10/a-sweet-simple-salt-of-the-earth-scruffball-why-i-love-columbo

I do love a bit of Columbo, better than Ironside but not quite on the level of chaos involved with Diagnosis Murder. Still, shits on Quincy. 

EDIT- Turns out it's not THAT Paul Verhoeven, sadly. Still a good read though.

Edited by mim731

• mim731 changed the title to Paul Verhoeven loves Columbo (not he director apparently)

Watching it right now, as it happens. Like Poirot, Columbo's one of those shows that's almost endlessly rewatchable (and just as well, since they keep airing the same handful again and again), because even if you know the plot inside out, the character's so enjoyable. Not like your Midsomer Murders, etc.

• Paid Members

To my shame, I've never really watched Columbo. I've always been aware of it, but it was always something my grandparents watched. I have friends that will still watch it regularly and tell me how good it still is, but I've just never given it a chance.