Wrestling Match of the Year 2021  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Best scrap?

• CM Punk Vs. Eddie Kingston, Full Gear
    • Britt Baker vs Thunder Rosa, Lights Out match
    • Young Bucks Vs. Lucha Bros, All Out
    • Kenny Omega vs Bryan Danielson, AEW Grand Slam

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/29/2022 at 10:00 PM

• Awards Moderator

What's the one you'll always go back to out of these?

CM Punk Vs. Eddie Kingston, Full Gear

Britt Baker vs Thunder Rosa, Lights Out match 

Young Bucks Vs. Lucha Bros, All Out

Kenny Omega vs Bryan Danielson, AEW Grand Slam

Some won't embed properly but you can still click through if you want a recap.

Edited by Frankie Crisp

• Awards Moderator

I feel slightly bad I didn't nominate Sasha Banks vs Bianca Belair from WrestleMania in this category. I'd have still voted for Omega/Danielson, because that was just outstanding, but I'm rewatching the 2020 women's Royal Rumble and it reminded me that Banks/Belair was probably the best WWE match I saw in 2021.

• Paid Members
Just now, HarmonicGenerator said:

I feel slightly bad I didn't nominate Sasha Banks vs Bianca Belair from WrestleMania in this category. I'd have still voted for Omega/Danielson, because that was just outstanding, but I'm rewatching the 2020 women's Royal Rumble and it reminded me that Banks/Belair was probably the best WWE match I saw in 2021.

yeah, it's pretty damning that WWE got no nominations on this list - Bianca Belair vs. Sasha Banks was fantastic, and WALTER vs. Ilja Dragunov was superb. I'm sure some of Reigns' matches with Daniel Bryan were pretty good, and there's probably some other stuff on NXT that would have got a nod any other year, but it just shows how little momentum they have going for them that nothing made the cut.

It shows as well, that "good matches" aren't really enough in a vacuum - Bianca Belair vs. Sasha Banks was a brilliant match that I loved watching, but Bianca Belair felt like an afterthought within a couple of months. The AEW matches all still feel important/significant because they all had consequences, and felt like they actually mattered.