Bellator 273 - Bader vs. Moldavsky (29th Jan)

Egg Shen

Who leaves with the belt?  

3 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Ok, we're just under a month away, but there's not a lot going on so i thought id get this up nice and early, Bellator's first show of 2022, and a decent one.

thumbnail_image002.thumb.jpg.0744bab6235a10c952f693a4f5e6787a.jpg

Main Card:

Ryan Bader vs. Valentin Moldavsky - Heavyweight Unification 

Benson Henderson vs. Islam Mamedev

Henry Corrales vs. Aiden Lee

Sabah Homasi vs. Jaleel Willis

Prelims:

Darrion Caldwell vs. Enrique Barzola

Saas Awad vs. Chris Gonzalez

Romero Cotton vs. Dalton Rosta

Ben Parrish vs. Sullivan Cauley

Weber Almeida vs. Joshua Wright

Lucas Brennan vs. Benjamin Lugo

Nikita Mikailov vs. Blaine Shutt

The fights still about 4-5 fights from being complete so i'll add them as we go, that's likely the main card set in stone though.

Ryan Bader holding the belt now is a strange one, he's coming off a 1-2 stretch at 205lb where he was stopped twice and lost that belt. At 38 staying at heavyweight and being the smaller guy may be the best way for him to wind down his career in a poor heavyweight division, problem is he's probably fighting the guy in the division who's matches up against him the best. Moldavsky is a smaller end heavyweight himself, has good boxing and a solid sambo background. If Bader cant get this to the ground and outwork Moldvavsky, hes gonna end up in a boxing match with a naturally bigger man. Moldavsky isnt a big puncher but i see him finishing Bader with strikes here late on.

Edited by Egg Shen

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

20220129_165933.thumb.jpg.8c18f3ddb94c47ba3eab7da6149a0b4b.jpg

The final card, sneaky good little card this. 

Outside of that main event, Dalton Rosta is a big time AKA prospect, he was involved in that recent AEW angle thing, guy looks the goods.

Lucas Brennan is a 21 year old Bellator project, he's 5-0, this looks like a typical Bellator lay-up squash.

Parrish/Cauley opening is there for a reason. Cauley is another hotly tipped prospect, "Big Tuna" Parrish is the latest Bellator cult hero, he's not expected to win but he's someone fans are getting behind.

Caldwell/Barzola is a good fight. Former Bellator Champ Caldwell aganinst Barzola who is coming in off an 8 fight stretch in the UFC. 

Feels like Bellator are cashing Benson Henderson out here, he's on a 3 fight skid and in against a Russian on a 19 fight win streak who hasnt lost in 11 years. Mamedov was 8-0-1 in PFL/WSOF before signing with Bellator.

Corrales/Lee is the closest fight on the card odds wise outside of the Caldwell fight. People seem to be high on Lee depsite a shaky 10-5 record. He's the lone Brit on the card.

Theres some tidbits for you.

• Paid Members

Fuck me, this was a breathe of fresh air after that flat production of the Eagle FC show. This felt like a big show.

Lots of hometown fighters on this with a real hot crowd, felt quite strange to hear Benson and Bader get cheered like that, as they're never normally fan favorites. Good fights too, hard, grinding battles with lots of swings in momentum. 

Personally had Bader losing 48-47 myself but no real complaints.

Fair fucks to Bellator 👏🏻

Edited by Egg Shen

Due to the iPlayer, I watched the prelims of this too. Im definately going to keep an eye out for Rosta and Mikhailov from now on. Surely both will be on the main cards from now on. Two people you can see getting a lot of hype if they carry on like this.

How sweet is that Team Fedor Tee as well? Easily the best MMA shirt of all time. Heres a link to it, but the ones at this Bellator show had 'Team Fedor' on the back, instead of the advert:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234399033348?hash=item3693456804:g:l7QAAOSw~JFh9kGn

Edited by Dai