Miletich the Militant

Carbomb

39 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

He didn’t lose his job for supporting Trump given how he’s been to loads of MAGA rallies before and still commentated. But this wasn’t just a rally, it was a terrorist act. However, according to LFA, he hasn’t been fired at all! He’s suspended pending an investigation which I’m sure we can all agree is the correct course of action.

Wasn't it a rally that became a terrorist act though? I'm not sure that everyone who attended had prior knowledge that storming the building was going to be the end result. Unless Miletich actually took part in the criminality I'm not sure I'd hold that against him.

Although the idea of seeing Pat Miletich in the middle of the chaos with a Federal agent in a kimura does appeal somewhat.

1 minute ago, David said:

Unless Miletich actually took part in the criminality I'm not sure I'd hold that against him

Nor are LFA. Although him posing for a photo with someone wearing a Right Wing Death Squad shirt is a bit iffy. Having said that, I bet you see a fair few shirts like that at the events he commentates on!

1 minute ago, Keith Houchen said:

Nor are LFA. Although him posing for a photo with someone wearing a Right Wing Death Squad shirt is a bit iffy. Having said that, I bet you see a fair few shirts like that at the events he commentates on!

If he hasn't been fired then all is well. At most he should be pulled aside and told that as a somewhat public figure he needs to be careful who he's seen mixing with. He should realise that while attending a rally isn't wrong, he has extra responsibility that comes with his position. 

As far as the guy in the photo, again, I'm not sure many celeb types pay that much attention to the fans who ask for photos. It's more a case of "sure, no problem" smile with the obligatory fist at chest level MMA stance, then off you go.

I've said it before, MMA attracts the worst of the worst, both in competitors and fans. After all, it's a sport that sees two men or women locked in a cage so they can punch the living shit out of each other. It's hardly the pinnacle of intellectual entertainment.

And as much as Miletich was a fine fighter and knows his onions on commentary, I'm not surprised in the slightest that he's attending a rally of that sort. As is his right, of course.

7 minutes ago, David said:

If he hasn't been fired then all is well. At most he should be pulled aside and told that as a somewhat public figure he needs to be careful who he's seen mixing with

Nah. At most it needs to be investigated if all he did was attend a rally. If he set foot in the capitol building then that’s terrorism. 

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Nah. At most it needs to be investigated if all he did was attend a rally. If he set foot in the capitol building then that’s terrorism. 

If he set foot inside the government building that obviously changes things. He'd no longer be protesting, he'd be carrying out a criminal act. 

3 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Maybe his employer should carry out an investigation to see what happened and then act accordingly. 
Oh

Worth bearing in mind that the OP said that Miletich had actually lost his job already, and a few MMA sites were running with that news. It was that caveat that my initial viewpoint was drawn from.

If the original point had been that he's being investigated, then I wouldn't have bothered posting most likely. As it's a non-story until it's proved he actually did anything heinous.