Match of the Year 2020

Onyx2

Match of the Year 2020  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Cassidy vs. PAC was the best when it happened and if anything it's only gotten better with time. I must have watched it at least ten times this year. The longer we go without proper crowds, the more I enjoy it. Even the best stuff right now only gets tiny reactions from small groups of people or - worse still - piped in, "this is awesome!" chants. There's nothing more fun than going back and seeing these two world class performers get tens of thousands of people on their feet going crazy. Whether they're howling with laughter at the comedy spots or going apeshit at some of Cassidy's comebacks, this was everything I love about pro-wrestling. A complete blast. Pure, distilled fun. I'll never not smile from ear to ear whilst watching it. All the stars.

• Awards Moderator

I watched the Royal Rumble against this morning and it's a great match. You've got the build and build and build of nobody being able to survive Brock Lesnar. The hope spot of Big E, Kofi and Mysterio actually getting some offence on him, before they too are destroyed. The mix of big men, flyers, technical guys, strikers, surprises, people whose pasts link with Brock's like Shelton, they all try and they all fall to Lesnar. Brock giving the rub to Keith Lee just by looking impressed when he enters. Because of everything up to this point, Lee hits a shoulder block and the crowd goes nuts just because Brock's gone down, the roar of disappointment when he too fails. Then the HUGE pop when Drew McIntyre ELIMINATES LESNAR. McIntyre becomes a main eventer in a matter of seconds. It's brilliant in-ring storytelling. Even after that, you get Edge's return which is an amazing moment, with an even bigger crowd pop, then the final stages with the ring filling up with potential winners. Great Rumble.

However, I still stand by my vote for Stadium Stampede.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Onyx2 locked this topic