Send three wrestlers to another company

Chris B

• Paid Members

If you could take any three wrestlers from one organisation and send them to another for a while, who would they be and why?

While we're now seeing Omega in TNA, and NWA talent like Thunder Rosa turning up in AEW, there are also reasons to send someone more junior. NJPW sends some of their wrestlers on excursions, to go and learn different aspects of the game. Sometimes you get Naito discovering his Tranquilo side and becoming ingobernable, but other times, you end up with someone like Okada wrestling as Okato, a Bruce Lee knock-off sidekick to Samoa Joe.

okatookada.thumb.jpg.231cdfd15abe29a945bd75c9c50df6fa.jpg

But the overall idea is sound - they get some experience in a very different environment, and when they come back, they can be slotted into feuds and stepped up the card.

So, if you could take any three wrestlers from one company and send them to another for anything from a handful of appearances to a 6-12 months full-time stay, who would you pick and why?

My suggestions:

From AEW to NJPW

I'm going to overlook what losing these guys would mean and concentrate on what we'd get out of it:

1 - Kenny Omega (occasional appearances)

The Belt Collector gimmick for whoever the champion is, and his unfinished business with Ibushi alone are reason enough to want this to happen. 

2 - Pac (a year)

He's had a cup of coffee there in the past, but just imagine main-eventer Pac and some of the matches he could have over there now. Miro was my alternate pick here, and he'd probably gain far more, but god, the main events with Pac. 

3 - Jungle Boy (a year)

More than anyone, I think Jungle Boy could gain the main-eventer skills. He's absolutely great, but I could see an NJPW excursion growing his story-telling abilities in matches and his confidence. And I think he'd be seriously over there. Coming back, he'd be a megastar.

From NJPW to AEW

1 - Kota Ibushi (occasional appearances)

The climax to the Ibushi / Omega storyline is obviously something I'm desperate to see happen. And the way they've had them traveling down similar paths over the last year (exploring more of a dark side, and breaking up with tag partners) is an absolute joy, even if unintentional.

2 - Hiromu Takahashi (a year)

I think he'd fit in perfectly, and he'd be big for AEW. He's just a perfect anime character brought to life, and he's definitely attention-grabbing. And the thought of Takahashi vs either of the Lucha Bros or Pac... damn, I want to see that match.

3 - Minoru Suzuki (6 months)

Not so much for what he'd gain from it, but from how I think audiences would take to him. The language barrier doesn't matter - he's just so much fun to watch. A crazy, hilarious, sadist. I could see American audiences adoring him.

AEW needs to buck up its ideas when it comes to women's wrestling. WWE is never going to loan wrestlers to AEW, let alone wrestlers of this calibre but since this is complete fantasy: 

1. Charlotte Flair to AEW (12 months) - Even though Charlotte was out of action for quite a while, when she returned to RAW she still felt like someone you really don't want to see. A run in AEW which, again, isn't going to happen, would benefit her by giving her a fresh environment with creative freedom and AEW by giving them a talented main event level female wrestler, something they desperately need. 

2. Bayley to AEW (12 months) - Now that her title run is over, it feels like she's a bit lost on Smackdown. Ordinarily you'd suggest a move to RAW to freshen her up, but...it's RAW. She could help establish the AEW women's division while also giving her the time away she needs to make her WWE return more exciting. 

3. Shayna Baszler to AEW (12 months) - It's a crying shame how poorly she's been used on RAW. A move to AEW would give her a new environment to essentially play the character she did in NXT. If she really became popular, WWE might actually use her in a significant way upon her return. 

As for AEW to WWE:

1. QT Marshall (12 months) - I don't watch RAW and am unlikely to, so let's lump him there. 

2. Brandi Rhodes (12 months) - For similar reasons, I think RAW would be a brilliant place for her. 

3. Matt Hardy (12 months) - I know it might seem like I'm sending WWE wrestlers I don't want to watch but don't even try to tell me Matt wouldn't be better off teaming with Jeff right now than whatever the fuck he's supposed to be doing in AEW at this point. 

Trying to avoid the big names, but my current knowledge is only of aew and new Japan as out of the loop on most of current wwe rosters positioning 

juice Robinson - new Japan to nxt. Purely in the hope it would make him remember why he left and went to Japan to try and bring back some of the fizz he had, and do less of the Deuce & Domino tribute act of 2020

Private party - aew to TNA. They show promise, just feels the act needs time to iron out and get more tv ready, without as many eyes on them 

Jeff cobb - aew between new Japan tours. When super juniors or one of many breaks we can expect to happen through this this year as Covid hits, I’d like to see him come in for short runs in aew.  Has credibility size wise to win or lose feuds, and keeps him as a known face in the US than sitting at home

NJPW to AEW

1 - KENTA (6 months to a year)

His American redemption arc, he has a huge fucking chip on his shoulder and is coming to kick the faces off some Yanks and prove himself in the country. Would be good value in that TNT title spot.

2 - Zack Sabre Jr (a year)

Move over whatshisname that used to do the TEN! chant, Tully's just got himself a new protege that could easily slot in to 6 man tags with FTR or have absolute bangers with PAC, Jungle Boy, Fenix etc

3 - Toa Henare (a year)

He's going on an excursion to get some seasoning outside of Japan, the big lad's got some potential.

The real answer is Jay White, forever, because he's the best heel in the business.

AEW to NJPW

1 - Miro (At least one G1 tourny)

I've wanted to see him fuck about with the likes of Ishii, Nagata and Suzuki for a while now and a Shingo match or two could be stellar. Anything's better than seeing him piss about with Kip tbh.

2 - Sammy Guevara

See Chris' bit about Jungle Boy, I think he could gain just as much from going over to Japan.

3 - Proud & Powerful

I'm assuming the Inner Circle will come to an end at some point and if these two aren't shot back up to the top of the tag division I'd rather see them spend some time in Japan fighting for the tag titles there.

In all honesty I don't really think there's any need for a crossover but if ithad to happen they'd probably be my picks.