Bellator 254: Macfarlene vs Velasquez - December 10th US

jimufctna24

b254_image002.0.jpg

Main Card:

Ilima-Lei Macfarlane vs. Juliana Velasquez - Bellator Flyweight World Title

Magomed Magomedov vs. Matheus Mattos 

Ronny Markes vs. Linton Vassell

Davion Franklin vs. Anthony Garrett 

Coverage begins at 3am on Sky Sports Arena.

Prelims:

Billy Goff vs. Robson Gracie Jr

Kenny Champion vs. Cody Law

Romero Cotton vs. Justin Sumter

Maurice Jackson vs. Grant Neal

Kemran Lachinov vs. Shamil Nikaev 

Coverage begins at 12:30am on Bellator's Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/c/bellator/videos

Edited by jimufctna24

• jimufctna24 changed the title to Bellator 254: Macfarlene vs Velasquez - December 10th US
  • Paid Members

Yamauchi missed weight considerably didn't he? Over 162lbs. Resulting in the rare case of his opponent deciding not to take the fight, which hopefully doesn't get criticised. Not only should he not have had to take it, he should be getting his show money as well, for doing his part. Yamauchi said he will be moving to 170 after this. 

https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/12/9/22165371/bellator-254-weighin-results-title-fight-official-goiti-yamauchi-off-macfarlane-velasquez

If Kyoji returns to Bellator next year, I don't want him to go anywhere near Magomedov. That guy is a beast of a BW.

The commentators hinted that there could be BW GP next year, which would be tons of fun. Imagine a field consisting of Archuleta, Gallagher, Mix, Horiguchi, Magomedov, Stots, Pettis, etc. 

Elsewhere, while I haven't watched it yet, Lachinov vs Nikaev was apparently a barnburner. Probably worth tracking down if you have the time. 

8 minutes ago, Zebra Kid Mark said:

What the main event like? My recording cut out in the 2nd round and I've only just read that Macfarlane lost the title! I'm gutted at that. Did she deserve to lose?

Nothing much happened in round 1, but most scored it for Velasquez. Velasquez clearly won rounds 2 and 3. Macfarlene clearly won round 4 and arguably edged round 5. 

Overall, the scorecards were pretty fair really.