Prime vs Prime: Liddell vs Hendo

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

I know it’s pointless and impossible to definitively answer but sod it, it’s a bit of fun. Been thinking about some fights that got away and this one always comes to mind. Two of the top fighters and bigger names at 205 in the mid-2000s who never crossed paths. 

BE049-F4-F-9-C03-48-B4-8174-F8205-C1-CBD

It actually came very close to happening at one point in 2007 just after Pride went bust. Dan The Man came into the UFC with 2 Pride belts (205/185) and was immediately set to face the winner of the upcoming Chuck Liddell vs Rampage Jackson title fight later that year. Of course, Rampage ended up bashing Chuck in a round and it was Rampage vs Hendo for all the marbles. If Chuck would’ve beat Rampage though, him and Hendo would’ve been next. Wasn’t to be.

How do you see it going? Not necessarily in 2007. Just prime for prime when both still had granite chins and Hendo didn’t have the flexibility of a WCW Galoob figure. Who’d have won and would it have made a difference if it happened in the Octagon or the Pride ring? 

• Paid Members

Yeah I think I’d fancy it to go to the cards myself. Despite both their power, in their younger days they could both take a dig as well so I could see it being a hard hitting decision.

Hendo wrestled more earlier in his career as well and I don’t see him having much luck taking prime Chuck down.