This Weekend's Boxing ?

Egg Shen

On 7/12/2024 at 6:13 PM, Egg Shen said:

Dennis Hobson has, Allen is boxing tomorrow night in Sheffield.

Even that is nicking a spot of a good young prospect on a local card 

However I understand why Hobson has done so 

Just no more TV fights for Allen please 

Edited by Big Bully Busick

• Paid Members

Gutsy performance from David Avenesyan against Boots. He didn't have much chance but fought like a guy who knew it was his last chance, made for a good scrap whilst it lasted.

• Paid Members

Well, its tonight, how do we see it going?

Smart money is probably on Jake Paul, but I just want to see Perry walk him down and give him hell. Paul's improving but he has things all his own way in these fights, I just want to see someone take the fight to time, Perry should be able to do that, i'd be shocked if he doesn't.

• Paid Members

8 minutes highlight to save you the hassle.

Paul got it done and in the grand scheme of thing you could say Perry played his part, just walking around like a 200lb punching bag and providing some action but he was terrible. The Paul show moves on, the Tyson thing just feels even more wrong now seeing the damage Paul unflicted on Perry though.

Highlight of the night though, MVP prospect Ashton Sylve getting damn near murdered in a massive upset, this looked dicey for a minute there.

• Paid Members

Caught a spoiler for Heaney/Pauls so skipped it, looked a really good show.

I will watch Joyce/Chisora on the weekend though.

3d30c1972db7abd7701cb80760851ee1_w200.gi

• Paid Members

Yeah that'll be a cracker. Archie Sharp is in a decent fight too, he's properly fallen out of the spotlight in recent years, dont know what happened there.

Looking forward to tonight, rewatched McCann-Baluta I earlier, Baluta ran McCann to exhaustion, be interesting to know the ring size for the fight tonight, a bigger ring would definitely favour McCann, who I feel should try and walk Baluta onto shots tonight, walk him onto counters, step off, he won't win a firefight with Baluta.

Also Moses Itauma has a great chance to make a big statement in his bout with Wach, who in his day was one of the toughest to put gloves on at the weight, Bakole took 8 rounds to do it, if Itauma can get the job done within 4-6, that's a great look. 

• Paid Members

Yeah Itauma was impressive. To whack Wach out of there in 2 rounds at 19 is good stuff.

And yeah, I found Chisora vs Joyce quite entertaining in spells but I’ve got no desire to see either of them again.