Recast-a-wrestler

RedRooster

20 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

I think only The Undertaker was actually "cast". The others all evolved into what they became from circumstance and personal involvement. Also, apart from when he was the Vanilla Ice dude, I'm not sure what John Cena's gimmick is. He's just John Cena.

Kevin Nash always strikes me as the other obvious Undertaker. If they hadn't got Mean Mark when they did and sat on the idea for a couple of years, that could have been a thing. I'm not sure he'd have committed to it but it would have been bloody baffling when they started to humanise the character and he became an arrogant prick.

Ā 

He would have been great - but he'd have hated it "you don't dress a pussy magnet up like a zombie"

7 hours ago, Vamp said:

I could buy Sid as a voiceless version of Austin. He certainly had the intensity. Although you don't get the 3:16 promo.

If we're doing time travel than 92 era Sting might have had a good go at Hulk Hogan.Ā 

Ā 

Edit: Actually, Savage as Austin over Sid as Austin.

If we are going with Sid WWF better have the 1.58 I just kicked your ass T shirts read

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, LEGIT said:

Stone Cold Dustin Rhodes

This is one of the first ones that came to mind - the "American Nightmare" gimmick Dustin Rhodes did following his bad-ass promo on the Seven gimmick and the "Powers That Be" felt like wCw were trying to make him their answer to Austin, and to be fair they weren't far wrong. He was sort of a fusion of Dusty and Stone Cold, but with his own gritty, grizzled persona.

It's an easy one, but Kane/Glen Jacobs could've been The Undertaker for fairly obvious reasons.Ā 

Another obvious one, but "Superstar" Billy Graham could've been Hulk Hogan, for no better reason than Hogan's character drew a lot of inspiration from Graham's.

Brock Lesnar -> Ludvig Borga.

Macho Man and Warrior had unique shoot craziness and insanity which I cannot imagine any other humans in the world who could have imitated either of them. It really was the old cliche of their natural personality turned up to 10.

I could see Curt Hennig beingĀ Kurt Angle's initial gimmick of the blithering idiot who doesn't realise he's a jack ass, but who has legit skills and is a killer in the ring. Likewise I could see Kurt do the Mr Perfect gimmick.

I could imagine AJ Styles as a slightly less cool Bret HartĀ