Jump to content

Match of the Year 2017  

100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

  • Awards Moderator
Posted

Last year's winner: SHINSUKE NAKAMURA VS SAMI ZAYN, NXT TAKEOVER DALLAS

 

Which match was the best match? Vote and discuss below!

 

The candidates:

AJ Styles vs John Cena, WWE Royal Rumble - for the WWE Championship in January

Aleister Black vs Velveteen Dream, NXT TakeOver War Games - where Dream enjoyed infamy

Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns vs Samoa Joe vs Braun Strowman, WWE Summerslam - the main event for the Universal Title

Kazuchika Okada vs Kenny Omega, NJPW Wrestle Kingdom - this match got 6 stars out of 5!

Kazuchika Okada vs Kenny Omega, NJPW Dominion - the rematch (I think)

New Day vs The Usos, WWE Hell in a Cell - Tag Titles on the line in the Cell

Tyler Bate vs Pete Dunne, NXT TakeOver Chicago - battling for the UK Championship

 

Posted

That four way was outstanding but AJ vs Cena was pretty much my definition of "WWE epic big match main event for the title" and a really gripping and well-executed match. Pretty significant and historic result too.

Posted

Dominion was the rematch, Broadway, 6.25* one. When I saw the rating, I was thinking For crying out loud Meltzer! There was also their G1 Climax match that also got 6* that Omega won. So they're 1-1-1.

  • Paid Members
Posted
40 minutes ago, Jon-Carr_92 said:

Dominion was the rematch, Broadway, 6.25* one. When I saw the rating, I was thinking For crying out loud Meltzer! There was also their G1 Climax match that also got 6* that Omega won. So they're 1-1-1.

Probably the most overrated series of matches I've ever watched. That's not to say they were bad (they were very good), but they've been overhyped waaaaayy too much.

Bate/Dunne for me. I've loved their stuff this year. Dunne/Mandrews and Bate/Gallagher were both also outstanding.

  • Awards Moderator
Posted
10 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Probably the most overrated series of matches I've ever watched. That's not to say they were bad (they were very good), but they've been overhyped waaaaayy too much.

Bate/Dunne for me. I've loved their stuff this year. Dunne/Mandrews and Bate/Gallagher were both also outstanding.

Bate/Gallagher was a superb match, yes - probably would make my top 5 for the year. I wonder if they'd have moved Gallagher over to the UK division if it had been established a bit more. He's been treading water on 205 for ages now. More so than everyone else on there, anyway.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...