The 'Today I Learned...' MMA Thread

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That Gomi apparently spent the week before the Nick Diaz on the piss. The story goes that it was Gomi's first ever trip to Vegas, and given that he was always fond of a pint or seven, he was very eage

I get where the comment is coming from, even if I am not sure whether I fully agree with it.  Miletich's first 15 fights came against non-names. His decision wins over Burnett, and to a lesser ex

That Jan Blachowicz wants to fist Jon Jones. 

Posted Images

• Paid Members

Only watched a little bit, i'll go back to it, seems like general MMA chat. Was hoping to find the audio version so i can listen in work, seems like its only on youtube at the moment though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
On 10/6/2020 at 9:52 AM, Egg Shen said:

today I learned that UFC commentator Jon Anik has an identical twin brother. He hosts a podcast with Belal Muhammad. I actually watched for 5 minutes before realising it wasn't Jon. I spent the whole time wondering how he'd managed to grow his hair so quickly.

20201006_094947.thumb.jpg.67b1421d25f019e00fd671b4a1a9d68c.jpg

Had a laugh at this just.

I already knew this really, but the rumour that Quadros roughed up Joe Rogan in 2004 is false. 

Quadros debunks it here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtMHRCMUFlk&ab_channel=TheMMAMovement

Interestingly, here is Eddie Bravo debunking the rumour in 2005 and trashing Quadros in the process - https://www.mixedmartialarts.com/forums/What-if/Joe-Rogans-Black-Eye:699443

For what it is worth, I rate Quadros as the best MMA commentator of all-time...............................along with Mauro

Edited by jimufctna24