Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted October 6, 2020 Paid Members Posted October 6, 2020 What’s that podcast like? Belal Muhammad a good follow on Twitter. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted October 6, 2020 Author Paid Members Posted October 6, 2020 Only watched a little bit, i'll go back to it, seems like general MMA chat. Was hoping to find the audio version so i can listen in work, seems like its only on youtube at the moment though. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted October 17, 2020 Paid Members Posted October 17, 2020 On 10/6/2020 at 9:52 AM, Egg Shen said: today I learned that UFC commentator Jon Anik has an identical twin brother. He hosts a podcast with Belal Muhammad. I actually watched for 5 minutes before realising it wasn't Jon. I spent the whole time wondering how he'd managed to grow his hair so quickly. Had a laugh at this just. Quote
jimufctna24 Posted October 17, 2020 Posted October 17, 2020 (edited) I already knew this really, but the rumour that Quadros roughed up Joe Rogan in 2004 is false. Quadros debunks it here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtMHRCMUFlk&ab_channel=TheMMAMovement Interestingly, here is Eddie Bravo debunking the rumour in 2005 and trashing Quadros in the process - https://www.mixedmartialarts.com/forums/What-if/Joe-Rogans-Black-Eye:699443 For what it is worth, I rate Quadros as the best MMA commentator of all-time...............................along with Mauro Edited October 17, 2020 by jimufctna24 Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted September 8, 2023 Author Paid Members Posted September 8, 2023 today I learned Jon Fitch has a new haircut: Quote
TibBo Posted September 9, 2023 Posted September 9, 2023 I’d have sworn that was John Frusciante Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted April 9, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted April 9, 2025 Bumping this to elighten you with this utterly pointless piece of infomation. Today I learned that Caroline Pierce, the English chick who's been presenting the UFC coverage over here for years was Gladiator Ice in the 2008 reboot (same one that Nick Aldis was in). So now you know. Quote
jimufctna24 Posted June 21, 2025 Posted June 21, 2025 I learnt recently that Team Hammerhouse's base was Coleman's porch, where he'd had a heavy bag fitted. Otherwise Coleman and company trained at other gyms (Coleman trained at XtremeCouture for one of his UFC bouts for example) I had assumed that they had a proper training facility like AKA and other teams had at the time. Alas not. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted June 22, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted June 22, 2025 Hammerhouse has to be ond of the most meat heated teams in the history of the sport. Remember Wes Sims? Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted June 22, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 22, 2025 37 minutes ago, Egg Shen said: Remember Wes Sims? I remember him stamping on Frank Mir’s head ☺️ Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted June 22, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted June 22, 2025 his finest moment Quote
jimufctna24 Posted June 22, 2025 Posted June 22, 2025 Sims also posted fake spoilers about TUF 10 on the Underground forum just before the show was about to air ? 7 hours ago, Egg Shen said: Hammerhouse has to be ond of the most meat heated teams in the history of the sport. Remember Wes Sims? Aye, Coleman and Randleman were likeable meatheads imo. I remember I had a copy of a documentary covering Ortiz and the UFC 19 controversy. In it, there was backstage footage of Coleman and Randleman ready to protect Tito from the Lion's Den, who were understandably miffed about the t-shirt stunt. Quote
jimufctna24 Posted August 6, 2025 Posted August 6, 2025 Thanks to Miro Mijatovic's interviews with FightOpinion and more recently Vice, Pride's ties with the Yakuza, and how they led to its demise, are now well known. But there was one part of the tale I didn't know about until recently when I was scanning old articles on FightOpinion. Back in 2010, over 3 yeas after Pride held its last show, an anti-Yakuza prosecutor and author by the name of Toshiro Igari was found dead of an apparent suicide. Before his death Igari was set to publish another book in which he would reveal details of several Yakuza cases he had been working on. Apparently the book would detail Igari's time as one of Mijatovic's lawyers, as they sought legal action against Pride's parent company (DSE) and associated parties (in other words Sakibara and his Yakuza pals) for their mistreatment of Mijatovic. As with the suicide of Naoto Morishita in January of 2003, the Pride president who was rumoured to be in debt to the Yakuza faction that Sakibara acted as the front man for and for which eventually took over Pride altogether in late 2003, a lot of people were very skeptical as to whether Igari actually committed suicide. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted August 16, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 16, 2025 Might be common knowledge to those who follow both MMA and football but TIL that Melvin Manhoef’s kid plays for Stoke City. Last time I saw him he was doing stuff like this and looked like he’d be kicking arse like his old man when he grew up… Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted August 16, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted August 16, 2025 Bloody hell, that makes me feel old. I remember those videos back in the day, proper "future of the sport" type talk surrounding him. He was much better off getting into football. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.