On the scrouge. The UKFF Skills Exchange

John Matrix

• Paid Members

Thought this might be useful.  Whole shedload of skills amongst us lot for the right price/sexual favour.

We're a good bunch on here, on hand to help with all sorts of conundrums, so if you need some practical advice, a little hands on support, maybe you need the latest ringtones installing on your brand new telephone? well why not ask here? 

With my motives for the thread neatly concealed behind that fiendishly crafted smokescreen, Matrix is on the blag..

It's actually happening now, so no need for me to beat around the bush anymore, but an old colleague has tempted me out of retirement, and we're looking to start a women's American Football team.

The wheels are already in motion and I was wondering whether there was anyone on here who dabbled in video, and could put together a very straightforward animated promo piece to bring our club logo to life.

We're starting from scratch, so there's no footage to intersperse, I'd be more than happy for it to be some sort of 'stock' effect if such a thing exists, I just don't have the means or time to do it myself.

If you'd be interested in helping out in exchange for a full credit and promotion once we've gathered some momentum, please feel free to contact me to discuss the specifics.  Happy to throw a bit of pro-bono stuff back your way if that's of any value to you whatsoever.

• Paid Members

Send me a message letting me know what you're after and I'll sort you out

In terms of animating logos it depends how much effort you want. You can go from something like this 

which is a basic motion graphic

to 

Which is rebuilding the logo in 3D and adding in flares and particles 

Or have a look at Videohive.net and search for openers or logos. they are templates that are, cheap and easy to edit (for someone with some After Effects knowledge) and to drop your own logo into. Loads of people use them (Most of NXTs videos featured pre made bits from here)

• Paid Members

Isn't Chokeout your lad for that, unless I'm getting people mixed up.

If anyone needs any help with anything useless like making a gif, I'm a bit capable at that. If you want it to look like it's glitchy when it's actually not, even better. Other than that, I have photoshop and lots of useless image tools, and I'm a bit handy at the desktop publishing in QuarkXpress and Indesign, so that's my thing, along with a smattering of editorial and GREP. If you'd like to exchange the usage of these tools with the golden knowledge of how to make some money from them, I'll be forever in your debt, along with all my other debt.

EDIT — like I said...

• Paid Members

I'm obviously as my thread said a stand up comedian, I have no idea how I'd be useful, but I spend a lot of time writing material these days that I don't use, I'm sure if someone needs a zinger for down the pub or a wedding toast I have uses. Other than that, I've got experience in running events and doing a Masters in that, so I could be useful if you're looking to put something on.

Archived