A good idea, a good idea forever?

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

^^ Dean Ambrose has been doing it since the Shield debuted.

One thing you don't see any more is the heel going for the pin, then pulling the babyface up at 2. I'd like to see that brought back.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Firstly, I don't think it's a perfect idea. I like Lesnar as much as anybody but they need Reigns to win if they're making him their next star. It's Cena vs Triple H from ten years ago. Having Reigns win and Rollins cash in immediately wouldn't negate Reigns winning a brutal match against Lesnar or make him look bad. The most recent example I can think of was when Bryan beat Cena at Summerslam and then lost straight to Orton. It was a great angle that worked well.

It's the same angle though -- underdog beats incumbent dominant star for the title, then gets screwed out of title by authority poster boy. And what are the odds of them maintaining that story for twelve months to give Roman Reigns his big WrestleMania moment next year? Or does he overcome them at SummerSlam? Standing tall at the end of SummerSlam isn't the same as standing tall at the end of WrestleMania.

Archived