Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted January 6, 2015 Awards Moderator Posted January 6, 2015 (edited) LAST YEAR'S WINNER: Jon Jones vs. Alexander Gustafsson The nominations have been counted, now it's time to vote for your fight of the year for 2014! Which MMA contest was the best in 2014? Feel free to give reasons for your choice below. The shortlist is: JOHNNY HENDRICKS VS. ROBBIE LAWLER, UFC 171 CHRIS WEIDMAN VS. LYOTO MACHIDA, UFC 175 JOSE ALDO VS. CHAD MENDES, UFC 179 MICHELLE WATERSON VS.HERICA TIBURCIO, INVICTA 10 Edited January 6, 2015 by HarmonicGenerator
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted January 7, 2015 Paid Members Posted January 7, 2015 Close one but ended up going for Aldo vs Mendes. Rewatched that and Hendricks vs Lawler 1 recently and Aldo vs Mendes just edged it for me. The other two fights are very worthy candidates as well. Just something about Aldo vs Mendes. Back and forth all the way, both got dropped, both got hurt, it had the moment of controversy with Aldo decking him after the round ended, the Brazilian crowd heightened the atmosphere as well. Just a great, great fight.
Guy Bifkin Posted January 7, 2015 Posted January 7, 2015 I went for Weidman vs Machida. I think maybe the others might have been better but being a big Lyoto fan, there was more of an emotional investment for me in this fight. Also, I think it cemented Weidman as the real deal for me as I think there were a few question marks still left over from the Silva fights. I'll have to watch that women's fight at some point.
Recommended Posts