Fight of the Year 2014

HarmonicGenerator

Fight of the Year 2014  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Awards Moderator

LAST YEAR'S WINNER: Jon Jones vs. Alexander Gustafsson

The nominations have been counted, now it's time to vote for your fight of the year for 2014!

Which MMA contest was the best in 2014? Feel free to give reasons for your choice below.

The shortlist is:

JOHNNY HENDRICKS VS. ROBBIE LAWLER, UFC 171

CHRIS WEIDMAN VS. LYOTO MACHIDA, UFC 175

JOSE ALDO VS. CHAD MENDES, UFC 179

MICHELLE WATERSON VS.HERICA TIBURCIO, INVICTA 10

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

Close one but ended up going for Aldo vs Mendes.

Rewatched that and Hendricks vs Lawler 1 recently and Aldo vs Mendes just edged it for me. The other two fights are very worthy candidates as well. Just something about Aldo vs Mendes. Back and forth all the way, both got dropped, both got hurt, it had the moment of controversy with Aldo decking him after the round ended, the Brazilian crowd heightened the atmosphere as well. Just a great, great fight.

I went for Weidman vs Machida. I think maybe the others might have been better but being a big Lyoto fan, there was more of an emotional investment for me in this fight. Also, I think it cemented Weidman as the real deal for me as I think there were a few question marks still left over from the Silva fights. I'll have to watch that women's fight at some point.