Retro Wrestling selling fake autographs?

diamond_dust

Not really sure if this should be posted in the main forum or not but just saw this on Wrestlezone.  

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/517733-the-latest-wwe-inbox-features-coffee-wwe-diva-blasts-fake-merchandise

I know Retro Wrestling advertise on here a bit so figured that if it is true then anyone on here thinking of buying from them should know, if it isn't then it gives them a chance to respond. Personally I never buy autographs unless I'm at a show/meet and greet etc and watching the person in question sign it in front of me for this very reason.

I don't really understand autographs in general.  I was once chatting to a merch girl at a gig, and got her to sign my plastic cup (that's not a euphemism), because we both agreed that the idea of getting someone to crudely scribble their name on stuff was a bit pointless...

Each to their own I guess.

(I still have that cup on my shelf.  She was hot).

Autogrpaghs are a weird thing when it comes to selling. I know a mate who deals with pop memorbilla and he told me that the general feeling in the indrustry is 90% of autogrpaghs sold on ebay are fraud. and the more i look at them the more i think he might be right

I was at a PSI or Eros event and some bloke nearby was showing his WWE Encyclopedia off to the folk around him. Looked pretty cool actually, might get one signed myself such as at London Wrestlecon.

Whilst it was quite dark and I wasn't immediately beside him, I'd swear I saw that the Dino Bravo pic had an autograph over it.

I will only buy eBay if the seller has proof/COA. I usually get my signed stuff through official stores. I have many signed CDs through them. Wrestling wise, I have the pics of Stone Cold and Undertaker from the last 2 Special Edition WWE games as well as 8x10s from throughout my travels. My prized signed item is my TNA Tour programme from Birmingham this year. I met and got it signed by Velvet Sky (my brother hates me!) Madison Rayne, Gunner, Bobby Roode, The BroMans, Zema Ion & James Storm. Also got Jeremy Borash's after the show just before security were about to throw everyone out. I also saw Mr Anderson at 4FW in August. (Very good Swindon based promotion.) Went up just to see him there. He was even more incredible there than the Jokers Wild show! Met him and he signed that as well! All in all, a great memento from my first major wrestling show!

• Paid Members

I will only buy eBay if the seller has proof/COA. I usually get my signed stuff through official stores. I have many signed CDs through them. Wrestling wise, I have the pics of Stone Cold and Undertaker from the last 2 Special Edition WWE games as well as 8x10s from throughout my travels. My prized signed item is my TNA Tour programme from Birmingham this year. I met and got it signed by Velvet Sky (my brother hates me!) Madison Rayne, Gunner, Bobby Roode, The BroMans, Zema Ion & James Storm. Also got Jeremy Borash's after the show just before security were about to throw everyone out. I also saw Mr Anderson at 4FW in August. (Very good Swindon based promotion.) Went up just to see him there. He was even more incredible there than the Jokers Wild show! Met him and he signed that as well! All in all, a great memento from my first major wrestling show!

How do you know the COA is real? Anyone can make them too.

When it comes to autographs, i never buy them as there is too much risk of them being fake (the exception being a signed Mad Blankey banner i bought from Mark Sloan after last year's DG:UK tour. But i have no worries over this being authentic lol). Plus they have a lot more value to me personally if they were signed for me rather than for someone else. I have a decent collection of autos these days, a couple of signed shirts, and a couple of signed masks too. I'm the same when it comes to music memorabilia though, i won't buy a setlist or guitar pick, or any autos. All i have i got myself.

Hey guys, yep I'm here and not hiding from anything or anyone as I'm more than happy to put this right and to clear this up.

As most of you know we deal direct with the stars, the majority of you know that and you can all check out our You Tube channel >  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmuUWQrHW6Sg2QkGnB2LRbQ and pictures from the stars >

http://www.retrowrestling.com/page86.html

However on occasion we do accept trade-ins from customers and buy from 3rd party sources in America.

The handful of Lana autographs we obtained we were sold to us from a 3rd party who told us he had attended an NXT meet and greet a few months ago. Did we have reason to believe they were not genuine? No we did not as he showed us his autograph mat for his collection from the NXT guys and of course the 8x10's sold to us.

However since this news has come to light about Lana stating it was not her autograph, we have since stripped these from sale and admit we were burnt, the 3 people that ordered them have also been refunded.

We are currently going thru getting a refund. As far as we are concerned, we are stepping away from trade-ins and 3rd parties from now, and will continue to only deal direct with the stars from now on or with our partners over in NJ Sports Fan Promotions.

autographs are pretty shit, and why the fuck would you want some nobody to sign it? an autograph is worth almost nothing if you buy it, and worth ebven less if its some fucking wrestler on the Z show that no ones heard of. I guess that's wrestling

That's not wrestling. People get autographs from nobodies in every field of entertainment.

I can't see why anyone would want an autograph from someone they didn't meet and see them signing it anyway. Every autograph I've ever got is just a side product of the meeting. The photo means much more.

Archived