Bret Hart Tour - Novermber 2014

truthofsin

• Paid Members

I went last Sunday to the Manchester show last weekend. Really enjoyed it, first time I have been to one and it was pretty much sold out.

Me and my mate were trying to figure out how much he/ a wrestler would make from one of these tours and how much the venue, the people running it etc would make, anyone have any ideas?

Also I assume his tour this time must of done alright if he is doing it again in November!

I went last Sunday to the Manchester show last weekend. Really enjoyed it, first time I have been to one and it was pretty much sold out.

Me and my mate were trying to figure out how much he/ a wrestler would make from one of these tours and how much the venue, the people running it etc would make, anyone have any ideas?

Also I assume his tour this time must of done alright if he is doing it again in November!

Me and the Mrs had a blast in Manchester also. Definitely worth the money. PSI events, like Eros Comedy shows, always deliver. Not sure how much Bret makes from each of these tours, but i expect it's a healthy chunk of change. I would expect the November tour was booked prior to this tour, as it's by different organizers and the Hart tour only just wrapped up.

• 2 weeks later...

Never really interested me these things but with Warrior just passing it makes me think how many chances do we have left to meet our childhood heros.

I was tempted to go when Warrior faced Orlando Jordan as i was off work and could afford it, wish i had now. can anyone recommend these kind of events, i have the idea in my mind they can be a bit dull ?

Will bret be rambling on or answering our questions ?

Still would love a photo with him

First up... I need to openly declare that some might see this as a conflict of interests seeing as I run tours like this myself via Eros Comedy.

That said I've sat back and said nothing in the past because I wanted to maintain a professional distance and ended up gnawing my fist throughout the build up to the ill fated NWO tour last winter. Even allowing for my role in the tour market my gut feeling is to keep this Bret Hart event at arms length. The tickets are very expensive and they're openly promising a half hour Q&A which is around a third of what you should expect for the money you'd be spending.

At the end of the day it's your cash and, of course, if your priority is to meet Bret and get an autograph then only you can decide how much you're willing to pay for the experience. That said there are going to be more and more of this companies popping up trying to get a slice of the rapidly diminishing pie that is the wrestler Q&A market. My advice these days would be to stick to events run by companies with some track record in delivering. Right now that appears to be PSI Events and ourselves at Eros Comedy primarily. Preferably us of course, I've got bills to pay. ;)

Will bret be rambling on or answering our questions ?

The only one of these that i've been to was the Ric Flair one in Doncaster run by 1PW. I don't know enough about the brit wres scene to know much about 1PW's reputation but from what i read on here, i gather it's not a good rep they have but this Flair event (circa 2009/2010? my memory is terrible!) It was a smooth operation all in all. It was flair on stage with a host (talk show type of set-up) and it was purely questions from the audience but that would of course lead into lengthy stories where Flair would ramble on a bit (that makes it sound like i didn't enjoy it....I did) then afterwards just to the left of the stage flair sat at a table and we were all asked to come down, one row of seats at a time, and grab a handshake, a photo and autograph. then off we went. We actually went to the 1PW show that night which had Flair do an in ring bit and Raven headlining. The write up of this Bret one makes it sound like he'll tell a few of his own stories and then maybe take questions from the audience.

I have done some research on the company and they seem to be success in promoting big events but for other sports, looks to be their first attempt at anything wrestling related.

What would the normal prices be for these kind of events then ? i thought it look quite reasonable but then again I dont tend to look at these kind of events too often.

p.s nice plug :laugh:

I have done some research on the company and they seem to be success in promoting big events but for other sports, looks to be their first attempt at anything wrestling related.

What would the normal prices be for these kind of events then ? i thought it look quite reasonable but then again I dont tend to look at these kind of events too often.

Think I paid 50 for a 2 hour Bret Hart Q&A, a picture with Bret taken by a professional photographer, and 2 autographs.

This was a couple of weeks ago on a PSI tour, so it's a shame you missed that.

Think I paid 50 for a 2 hour Bret Hart Q&A, a picture with Bret taken by a professional photographer, and 2 autographs.

This was a couple of weeks ago on a PSI tour, so it's a shame you missed that.

They can all vary depending on who is coming over but I think on average they're around

I had a drink with the fella behind this in New Orleans. Seems a genuine bloke & he was looking to get himself on the forum. He told me this is his first wrestling event but they have promoted numerous events (darts I think) before. He is looking to do well known venues like Edgbaston Cricket Ground & Leicester City Football Ground. With the meal he is going for the approach of one of those sportsmen after dinner speaking nights, the sort where you get your food then have a retired footballer like Dean Saunders or Robbie Savage speak at. Obviously I can't say what the shows will be like as I've never been to one by this fella, I can only say how he came across when I met him.

• Paid Members

Really weird coincidance but I went to school with a guy who now works alongside him. My friend has said he has been promoting events for some years with massive success.

Archived