The Undertaker's "Higher Power"

Winston

• Paid Members
Me and my mate were convinced it was going to be Sid, for some reason. Looking back it doesn't really make sense, but then nor did how it played out. Thinking about it anytime there was a mystery partner or something like that we put all our chips on Sid. We fucking loved Sid.

Yeah, that's what I'd heard - no idea where though. Probably teletext, haha.

• Paid Members

I was convinced it was 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase, not because i'd heard it anywhere, that was simply who I thought it would be and was convinced I was a genius who had worked it out. Based mainly on the connection he'd had in the past to both Austin and Taker, having his own Corporation stable in the past and that the power = money. There was a segment I remember not long before it was revealed with Taker sitting in a dark room with lots of smoke chatting to the higher power. In my mind Old Ted is the one sitting opposite out of shot puffing on a big cigar and that's where the smoke is coming from.

I've always tried to make sense of angles in my head in my own way, in ways that I wasn't actually supposed to. I also convinced myself that Doink was formerly Demolition Ax having gone nuts, convinced as such due to his feud with Crush.

I didn't have Sky at the time so I relied on my aunty taping it for me so I was sometimes weeks behind. I was only 8 at the time so I just believed whatever was on TV and assumed it was Shane McMahon. I found out it was Vince from my mother who somehow ended up talking about wrestling with a woman who knocked on the door selling something. To this day I have no idea how they got into that conversation.

Archived