WXW - 16 Carat 2014 - 14th - 16th March

Southside crew

• Paid Members
Regarding January the 18th, Big Japan Pro-Wrestling will have a show at 2pm and at 7pm there will be a wXw show. No more has been announced so I don't know how things will turn out. Maybe there will be Daisuke Sekimoto vs Tommy End for the wXw title in the evening?

October weekend was 4 days this year because the 3rd was a national holiday, the reunification happened on that day in 1990. The attendance numbers were 288, 242, 291, 229 so I don't know if they want to do a repeat of the concept. I was there every day and I thought there was quite a bit of fluctuation, meaning that a lot of fans skipped one or more shows. DJ Hyde told me that they do plan do have deathmatch shows (18+) again, his goal is even to have two deathmatch shows a year. So while I don't know how things will turn out I can be optimistic about the future.

Jan 18th = ol my god it was cold in January , really really cold there last year.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got an email from a German friend asking if I was planning to go to Carat next year. Hadn't really given it much thought, but if uni timetable allows me to get out there, I'll be taking a weekend break to Oberhausen and catching at least Nights 2 & 3 of the show before attempting to get back to the UK early on Monday. We'll see how things work out with that...but I'd certainly want to be there.

Might have to start the campaign now to get El Ligero over for 16 Carat. :p I get the feeling he could have some absolute crackers with the regulars and get over with the German fans.

• Paid Members
I got an email from a German friend asking if I was planning to go to Carat next year. Hadn't really given it much thought, but if uni timetable allows me to get out there, I'll be taking a weekend break to Oberhausen and catching at least Nights 2 & 3 of the show before attempting to get back to the UK early on Monday. We'll see how things work out with that...but I'd certainly want to be there.

Might have to start the campaign now to get El Ligero over for 16 Carat. :p I get the feeling he could have some absolute crackers with the regulars and get over with the German fans.

I've already started the campaign , even sent them dvd's :)

• Paid Members

I've heard a lot about this but never in any details so can any one plug the following holes:

What is it?

What sort of names are on it?

Where is it, in more specifics than "Germany"?

Ta,

16 Carat is a three night, 16 man tournament that takes place in Oberhausen (home to now deceased Paul the Octopus if you're into that sort of thing). Nearest airports are Dusseldorf and Dortmund, with good rail connections to get you into Oberhausen

Opening round matches take place on the first night, quarters on Night 2 and then semi-finals and final on Night 3. The 16 competitors are a mixture of the wXw regulars and then guys from the USA, Japan and UK. Past winners include El Generico, Tommy End, Shingo and Sami Callihan, with the winner traditionally getting a title shot at the wXw Title. It's more than just three nights of wrestling though, it's a festival of entertainment across the weekend. This year's edition had a press conference, Q&A, open Dojo session and the now infamous Fans vs. Wrestlers football match. I'd heartily recommend it, and if you can't get to it then definitely look at purchasing some of the shows.

• Paid Members
16 Carat is a three night, 16 man tournament that takes place in Oberhausen (home to now deceased Paul the Octopus if you're into that sort of thing). Nearest airports are Dusseldorf and Dortmund, with good rail connections to get you into Oberhausen

Opening round matches take place on the first night, quarters on Night 2 and then semi-finals and final on Night 3. The 16 competitors are a mixture of the wXw regulars and then guys from the USA, Japan and UK. Past winners include El Generico, Tommy End, Shingo and Sami Callihan, with the winner traditionally getting a title shot at the wXw Title. It's more than just three nights of wrestling though, it's a festival of entertainment across the weekend. This year's edition had a press conference, Q&A, open Dojo session and the now infamous Fans vs. Wrestlers football match. I'd heartily recommend it, and if you can't get to it then definitely look at purchasing some of the shows.

Thank you, your help is greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

Most welcome Tommy.

When do people expect tickets to go on sale etc?

We've been wanting to go to WXW for a while and this looks like the most likely show for us to do!

From what I remember last year they went on sale in December, not too long after their anniversary show. In fact, they do as it was my brother's Christmas present..

Jan 18th = ol my god it was cold in January , really really cold there last year.

I don't think that will be a problem as the area in the Centreville (where they had the Q&A) with the pool tables has been rebuilt and is likely going to be the normal venue in the future. The Triangle shows were there already, though I wonder how they will handle the Carat or other shows with potentially +350-400 tickets (gotta pay attention how they will handle the anniversary show soon, that normally draws the most of the single day events).

• Paid Members

It's linked I assure you.

How do you get on in France, Belgium and Germany camping and or pulling up somewhere safe and sleeping a the car?

Is it fairly easy to get some where safe to sleep without making loads of pre bookings and such?

I'm thinking of driving over and seeing a few places on route, but if I can swing it without too much of a strict itinerary it would be sound.

It's linked I assure you.

How do you get on in France, Belgium and Germany camping and or pulling up somewhere safe and sleeping a the car?

Is it fairly easy to get some where safe to sleep without making loads of pre bookings and such?

I'm thinking of driving over and seeing a few places on route, but if I can swing it without too much of a strict itinerary it would be sound.

As someone who has done the drive over to Oberhausen there isn't a great deal to see on the route. The services over there all seem pretty safe to stop and kip at though, aside from the tiny bit of France you'll travel through which is an enormous shit hole.

Absolutely gutted that this now clashes with the next Revolution Pro York Hall show, with Ric flair.....need to make a decision ASAP. I am personally desperate to meet Ric Flair, but in terms of the actual shows I would probably rather go to Germany for 16 carat but meeting Flair means more to me than that, plus who is going to be on the Rev Pro show as it could have quite an impact on the 16 carat lineup depending on the imports used? First world problems.

Archived