WXW - 16 Carat 2014 - 14th - 16th March

Southside crew

• Paid Members

Hi guys

First of wasn't sure if this should go in events section or normal section so apoligies if I have got this wrong.

16 Carat is between 14th and 16th March next year.

Myself I have already got hotel and booked time of work as last 2 years it has clashed with my own shows, this year I made sure it didn't.

I went to WXW myself in Jan and thought it was a great experience but know from others that Carat is extra special.

Anyway feel free to discuss , might be great if we can all meet up out there :)

Ben

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did 16 Carat this year. Was really good I defo recommend it! Thinking about doing it again but Ive got Mania booked so might be too big a strain on the wallet

We flew into Weeze airport. Flights were 30 quid return but the transfer from the airport is what bumps the price up.

I'm planning on finally going, an insecure job over previous 3 years has stopped me, but I'm keen to try and make it over this time. Also for the CZW weekend later in the year.

Does anyone know whats happening with the BJW WXW show next year? I heard it's only 1 night but surely they can't be spending the money to fly over all the Japanese guys for one show, it wouldn't make financial sense. If it was a weekend I'd be very tempted to try and go that too but not sure the cost if justifiable for 1 show.

• Paid Members
I'm planning on finally going, an insecure job over previous 3 years has stopped me, but I'm keen to try and make it over this time. Also for the CZW weekend later in the year.

Does anyone know whats happening with the BJW WXW show next year? I heard it's only 1 night but surely they can't be spending the money to fly over all the Japanese guys for one show, it wouldn't make financial sense. If it was a weekend I'd be very tempted to try and go that too but not sure the cost if justifiable for 1 show.

I'll ask them tonight ;)

BTW CZW weekend is 3rd - 5th Oct next year

I'll ask them tonight ;)

Isn't the CZW / WXW show normally 4 shows in 4 days? Is it only 3 next year?

While you are speaking, ask about getting some BJW guys over here. ;)

Imagine it...Sekimoto is Southside! Has a nice ring to it. :D

I'll ask them tonight ;)

Isn't the CZW / WXW show normally 4 shows in 4 days? Is it only 3 next year?

While you are speaking, ask about getting some BJW guys over here. ;)

Imagine it...Sekimoto is Southside! Has a nice ring to it. :D

The fact that Daisuke Sekimoto has not received a UK booking in the last few years is an absolute crime. His match with El Generico and his brutal wars with Big Van Walter alone have left such an impression in my mind. The guy is a beast and a tremendous wrestler!

Regarding January the 18th, Big Japan Pro-Wrestling will have a show at 2pm and at 7pm there will be a wXw show. No more has been announced so I don't know how things will turn out. Maybe there will be Daisuke Sekimoto vs Tommy End for the wXw title in the evening?

October weekend was 4 days this year because the 3rd was a national holiday, the reunification happened on that day in 1990. The attendance numbers were 288, 242, 291, 229 so I don't know if they want to do a repeat of the concept. I was there every day and I thought there was quite a bit of fluctuation, meaning that a lot of fans skipped one or more shows. DJ Hyde told me that they do plan do have deathmatch shows (18+) again, his goal is even to have two deathmatch shows a year. So while I don't know how things will turn out I can be optimistic about the future.

Archived