The NBA Discussion Thread

Art Vandelay

• 3 weeks later...

The only part of All-Star weekend which should be great this year is the 3 point contest, the dunk contest is just shit these days and no one actually cares about the thing.

Just look at the names in the 3 point contest.

Marco Belinelli - last years winner.

Kyle Korver - having statistically the greatest shooting season of all time! And shooting a stupid 51% from 3's.

Klay Thompson - scored 37 points in a quarter!! Including 9 threes.

Wesley Matthews - Tied for most 3 pointers made this season.

James Harden - Shooting 55% from the corner! Plus the guy is about as confident as you can get.

Stephen Curry - Probably the best overall shooter in the game.

Kyrie Irving - A lot like Harden in the confidence stakes. A big name but not got the credentials of the others.

J.J. Redick - A really streaky scorer, my pick as an outside winner. If only because I still have nostalgia from him his Duke days and scoring for fun.

Forget about the dunk contest, even forget about the actual All-Star game. This is going to be the most fun and the most competitive part of the weekend. The egos involved make it so much better.

I can't wait! If you have BT Sport its starting 1.30am, definitely worth checking out tonight.

• 1 month later...

Hahahahahahahaha There isn't enough laughter in the world for the Knicks winning tonight.

Twitter has been brilliant tonight with pouring it on the Knicks, my favourite tweet coming from Haralabob Voulgaris:

@haralabob: Doesn’t shock me that a team that is in love with long 2 point shots just burned a 5% chance at drafting #1.

Anyone catch much of yesterday? As per - BT had a shocker of opening day coverage. Just don't get there logic - Again tonight not showing UK primetime games Celtics game at half 8 thought great can sit back watch my team but nope! Not on only game they're covering is the early morning one!

Though Golden State for the most part looked very good yesterday, there's was the only game I managed to watch though. 

Hoping for a Celtics upset this evening, but not expecting one!

Anyone catch much of yesterday? As per - BT had a shocker of opening day coverage. Just don't get there logic - Again tonight not showing UK primetime games Celtics game at half 8 thought great can sit back watch my team but nope! Not on only game they're covering is the early morning one!

Though Golden State for the most part looked very good yesterday, there's was the only game I managed to watch though. 

Hoping for a Celtics upset this evening, but not expecting one!

Yeah, BT's coverage is confusing. Thank god for League Pass. Watching Cavs/Celtics now on my Apple TV in the living room. Just as good as watching BT Sport. Celtics doing very well, but Irving just nailed the buzzer beater at the half there. Good game so far.

• 2 months later...

Bumping this thread.

Any off-season thoughts?

After all of the hate that Porzingis for from Knicks fans and members of the media, I've loved watching him during Summer League so far.

Josh Smith taking the veterans minimum to sign with the Clippers. They've certainly improved their bench.

Are we thinking Clippers @ Mavs as an opening night game this season?

• Paid Members

Don't like them, respect then and there a great team but there shit too watch are the Spurs. I may be a little bitter at a team that has had sustained excellence for a while especially with Reggor Millar tricking me in to supporting a team who has spent most of my fandom at average to shite

Depends what J Smoove turns up for the Clippers. He can be as equally shit as he can fantastic, kinda like JR Smith. 

Agreed on the Spurs looking amazing after the moves they've made. Not so sure how they will cope with being the favourites though, they usually flourish going under the radar more.

Still think if the Cavs get a few more bench pieces, get rid of Haywood's contract and keep showing complete disregard for the luxury tax penalty, they'll win it this time. Let's be honest, regardless of what Draymond Green says or thinks, if Love and Irving were fit, the Cavs would be champs right now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They revealed a new trailer with tons of info last night.

In other news, Dwight Howard accidently went to board a plane with a loaded handgun yesterday - but he won't be charged because he claimed that it was an accident and didn't mean to bring the gun to the airport. Crazy.

Full story: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13566718/dwight-howard-houston-rockets-detained-airport-gun-carry-bag