The NBA Discussion Thread

Art Vandelay

Dwight Howard has reached an agreement on a three-year deal worth $70.5M with the Atlanta Hawks, per The Vertical with Woj.

Wow!

Mike Conley has re-upped with the Grizzlies.

D-Wade talking to the Bucks and Knicks now. Good lord.

Edited by Art Vandelay

Some big money been thrown around on players who are good but not what you'd call elite level. Dwight had the potential to be Shaq 2.0 but he's never really hit the same heights. Atlanta must have faith in him to sign him for $70m+. Does the Delly deal hurt the Cavs? Nope not really because he wasn't really part of their nucleus and they could find a similar guy to fill in for him. He's a good player who contributed but he's not indespensible. Wade talking to the Bucks and Knicks is crazy. If D Wade goes to the Knicks you've got Rose, Wade and Melo on the same team. Melo can play power or small forward but I think as he isn't a huge guy ID play him at SF, you'd have Rose at Point, Wade as a shooting guard and if you upgrade your centre and talks are that'll be Joakim that's an all star level starting lineup. But how are they going to fill the bench? I guess they'll sign some guys to veteran minimums but you need quality in depth too. Jarrett Jack got waived so you could pick him up as backup PG if he excepted the NBAs minimum salary. So all in all, if they get Wade and Noah the Knicks automatically become a contender. They just need to hope Rose stays fit and everyone can coexist on the same team.

Does the fact that Dwight is going to ATL mean they're moving on from Al Horford?

More signings...

- Kent Bazemore staying in Atlanta for four-years, $70 million.

- Noah to the Knicks done - four years, $72 million

- The New Orleans Pelicans have signed E'Twaun Moore for four years, $34 million

- Jared Dudley is headed back to Phoenix on a three-year, $30 million deal

- Evan Fournier going back to Orlando. 5 years $85 mil.

- Jeff Green to Orlando, one year $15 mil

- Luol Deng to the Lakers, 4 years $72M

Apparantly Rondo has met with the Bulls too and has even been photographed in Chicago with a Bulls-branded iPad...

Also, the latest on Wade (from Yahoo NBA)

Miami’s first offer to him was $10 million a year, which is half of what he made last year and angered Wade. (Note, the Heat are still in the Kevin Durant sweepstakes and this offer could be tied to that.) Wade told his people to start asking around and saying he wants at least $20 million a year and four teams are interested: The Chicago Bulls, Denver Nuggets, Dallas Mavericks, and Milwaukee Bucks. Remember, Wade grew up in Chicago and played his college ball at Marquette not far from Milwaukee. Of those teams, Dallas and Chicago make the most sense on paper, but if Miami comes back to the table with a better offer expect a deal to get done.
Edited by Art Vandelay

Pretty much looks like the Hawks are moving Horford or Millsap off to accommodate the alternate via cap space. Supposedly the Celtics meeting with Horford went well last night and we laid out a 4 year max deal to him, here's hoping it's not been announced yet as he's off on the plane with Danny trying to convince KD to come to the land of the Green. Who knows there though.

The other deals then;

-Noah on four years is crazy to me. Especially at that money.

-Jeff Green/Orlando is completely unexplainable didn't they just get rid of someone miles better in that position Green plays? For what?

-Motivated non-argumentative Rondo is still super. I still rate Rondo if he could just quit moaning he'd still be a sought after player IMO. Guy can still go, could work at Chicago I guess, there a good but not great team.

Knicks can't have much cap space available as Rose, Melo and now Joakim Noah are on Big money deals. I guess they'll be bringing in older guys to sign for the vets minimum, unless they are willing to pay luxury tax.

Some interesting deals so far, Rondo to the Bulls is a great move especially if they get Wade in to play at SG too. I think if he doesn't resign with Miami then Chicago's the #1 destination. I also wonder whether if Rajon and D Wade sign with the Bulls whether they'll go for KD. It's another opportunity for a Big 3 and unlike the West, the East isn't as difficult to get into a good playoff berth. The Deng deal I'm not sure about. He was good for the Bulls but he's not what you could call a franchise player. I think the Lakers will struggle again unless they land a high quality free agent and I don't think KD would want to go to LA to play with Deng and Mosgov.

Do Chiago have a meeting with KD? Asking as I've read no suggestion that KDs going there, so far seems he's either staying at OKC (Most likely) or going to Golden State | Clippers | Hawks or Celtics.

• Paid Members

Knicks can't have much cap space available as Rose, Melo and now Joakim Noah are on Big money deals. I guess they'll be bringing in older guys to sign for the vets minimum, unless they are willing to pay luxury tax.

Some interesting deals so far, Rondo to the Bulls is a great move especially if they get Wade in to play at SG too. I think if he doesn't resign with Miami then Chicago's the #1 destination. I also wonder whether if Rajon and D Wade sign with the Bulls whether they'll go for KD. It's another opportunity for a Big 3 and unlike the West, the East isn't as difficult to get into a good playoff berth. The Deng deal I'm not sure about. He was good for the Bulls but he's not what you could call a franchise player. I think the Lakers will struggle again unless they land a high quality free agent and I don't think KD would want to go to LA to play with Deng and Mosgov.

Approx $15m dollars, enough to get a serviceable SG in, but probably not Wade unless they get tricky.