The end of the brand split

King Pitcos

• Paid Members

I don't see why it would be or was a problem. They can still reference them, they don't have to have physical interaction with them. Like I said I think it provides a great plot device for angles and feuds. A heel champion acting all big shit when he's on the other show and saying things that he knows he can get away with saying with no repercussions on that show, while the other guys watching, stewing, building up frustration until the next show, playing head games and that. You know, shit like that. I'd have thought it could make some things easier to spread out without going into overkill. And have your champion mingle with other talent on the other show, teasing future angles/feuds with guys who may be elevated, or someone they'll feud with once they lose the title. Or make them look amazing with squash matches or the opposite and give someone a good rub with a good match. I think there's a world of potential and great ways you could go with it.

• Awards Moderator

Yes, I can understand that - handled well, it can really work. But it does have to be handled well if it's going to really work. Otherwise you can run into problems with where things overlap - if they reference their opponent for that month (who is on Show 1) on Show 2, is there potential for the Show 2 audience to think "the most important guy is talking about Show 1, clearly that's where the important action is" and switch off Show 2 until after that month's PPV? Or do you have them only mingle with other Show 2 talent, which doesn't necessarily help convince Show 2's audience to buy the PPV to see them against a Show 1 guy they're not fussed about because they only watch Show 2?

These are only petty little issues, I know, but they have a potential to become a bit of a mess if you don't keep on top of it all. If it's possible to do so, then great, everyone's happy. But - and this would be more true if single brand PPVs had been a thing at the same time, I suppose - it's not without its challenges. There are great ways you can go with it, but there are not so great ways too.

Archived