TNA UK tv tapings for January 2014

ClassicsGuy

Not yet confirmed but it's expected TNA will announce today that they'll be holding a tv taping at the new Glasgow Hydro arena on Thursday 30th January, 2014.

First ever tv taping for either WWE or TNA in Scotland!

Hydro opens in September and will hold 12000.

It'll be interesting to see what gate they can draw for this. :thumbsup:

Surely London and Manchester would be TV tapings as well? Should be interesting to see if Birmingham would become one too.

The rumour going around is that all 4 shows will be tv tapings, Glasgow, Manchester, London & Birmingham.

Apparently the Glasgow taping will air on a few hours tape delay in the U.S. that night, similar to the way the London Raws aired in the U.S.

I know it's just a shot in the dark, but as i haven't seen it mentioned yet.. Couldn't one of the shows become one of those TNA one night PPV deals they've been shooting at the Impact Zone? I mean last year they shot 2 weeks of TV at each of the 2 tapings. So Glasgow on delay the same night works well, especially if they throw in some filler for the live crowd. But if the rumors of Birmingham are true, then it seems a little much to record 6 weeks of TV (if they use the same format as last year) while they're here. As i'd expect them to want to get back to Impact on the road again once they're back home. So i'm thinking maybe one of those one night PPV deals for one of the shows, or maybe 2 isn't such a bad idea.

I don't know, Dixie's been pretty outspoken about preferring to do TV instead of PPV in the UK since that way a lot more people get to see the great UK crowds. I can't see them doing a One Night Only PPV here. That being said, I definitely wouldn't mind a UK-themed One Night Only PPV. Some of the regular roster wrestlers + all the UK talent they have under contract + a few local indy guys could make for a fun PPV.

Also, if all four dates would indeed be TV they can tape an episode per night. They don't have to do double TV tapings like they have in the past. A TV show per night (plus some extra stuff just for the live crowd) would work just fine.

One taping a night would be ideal really, as much fun as the TV tapings are its hard to be enthusiastic for Kenny King's second appearance of the night. One taping and a dark main event with all the big names similar to WWE would be a crowd pleaser.

Archived