UFC on FUEL 9: 'Mousasi vs Some Fucker'

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

I'll say it again, McGregor vs Bermudez. Bermudez has the wrestling to test McGregor's grappling, but he'll also throw bombs and has a tendency to get caught early. There's enough questions on both sides to make that a very intriguing fight. Plus they're both coming off career high performances, McGregor's spectacular debut and Bermudez with the FOTYC with Grice.

McGregor vs Bermudez is the fight.

While we're being Joe Silva, who would you put Latifi in with? He was clearly not ready for someone like Mousasi but at the same time he took it on a few days notice and was drained by cutting a lot of weight in a short time. That wasn't his best.

Maybe throw him at Beltran?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fuck protecting fighters! Sure you can argue it from a business POV but from a customer/fan perspective I want competetive fights, not for people to be put up against cans resulting in one sided, predictable bouts.

There is levels of competitive though.

Sometimes there has been no need to rush prospects along and it has hurt careers in the long run. Throwing McGregor to say Mendes or Edgar in the next year would be silly, he should be showcased against the Garcia's of the world. Nurture him and let him grow as a fighter and also build his name. As long as you do not go too far, there is nothing wrong with a bit of protection with fighters.

It benefits the sport as well with business and interest gains.

• Paid Members

Isn't that what Dana's original 'mission statement' was though, to give fans competetive fights unlike boxing where fighters were mismatched? I'd like to think the majoirty of MMA fans realise that fights can end quickly & a loss doesn't mean an end to a career. If the talent is there then they'll get a 2nd, 3rd or 4th chance. It only serves to disappoint when the fighter who's been protected actually faces a contender only for there to be a huge delta in talent.

• Paid Members

I don't think it matters so much, there's not really anyone I'd consider a can in the UFC, especially in the 145/55 divisions. A fight with someone like Leonard Garcia or Akira Corassani would be logical next steps after a win over Brimage. I'd pick him to beat Garcia but it's not like it's a mismatch. Garcia's been in with Zombie, Hominick, Brown, Pulver etc.

There's really no gimme fights they can give him so he'll be tested soon enough one way or another.

I don't think it matters so much, there's not really anyone I'd consider a can in the UFC, especially in the 145/55 divisions. A fight with someone like Leonard Garcia or Akira Corassani would be logical next steps after a win over Brimage. I'd pick him to beat Garcia but it's not like it's a mismatch. Garcia's been in with Zombie, Hominick, Brown, Pulver etc.

There's really no gimme fights they can give him so he'll be tested soon enough one way or another.

Pretty much this.

I would say throwing a prospect to the wolves can harm a career in the long run. We have seen it in boxing. UFC will never resemble boxing as it is the premier league of talent. Sure there are top tier, middle tier and lower tier classes, but most fights will be competitive on paper, it will never resemble say the class of opponents Audley Harrison fought at the start of his career.

Archived