HXC One Dark Night

I don't normally come on here but wasn't sure where else to post this.

Myself and a group of mates have tickets for the HXC show which was shaping up to be pretty cool. Read on facebook today that Ruffneck willnow not be part of HXC due to some bull shit that he has said to do with falling out with PCW? That shouldn't have anything to do with HXC at all. I also saw loads of posts asking about this in the HXC group on facebook earlier that have since been deleted and there is a girl doing her nut on FB saying she has asked for a refund and that Dave Rayne has deleted her requests and posts and banned her from being able to post or message?

This really worries me as I lost loads of money to 1PW and am not about to stand by and lose money again with this, I don't know the names of the other people involved in running HXC and personally would like to find out what is going on so that we can make the decision on whether to attend the show or to try and obtain a refund now on the weekend as a whole. Seems really stupid to pull something so close to the event when it has nothing to do with the promotion in question and I must admit I agree with the young lady (who shall remain nameless unless you have seen the rant on facebook) that deleting questions asked by people who have bought tickets is just well out of order and sounds very dodgy.

Can anyone shed any light on the matter with regards solely to HXC as I am only interested in what is happening with that and don't want to know anything about whatever else has happened elsewhere.

You can find me on twitter @GibboStevie or just leave a message on here and i'll check back if anyone can shed any light on it.

Thank you

• Paid Members

I'll think that you will find that the situation with Ruffneck involved both PCW and HXC.

With regards to not going to the show I'm sure the show will be great and it's not like Ruffneck was the star attraction on the show.

Can't comment on the posts as have not seen them just thought I'd offer up some info , hope you still attend the show and enjoy it :)

Now I've missed what was said on Facebook so I can't comment on that. What I can say is that Dave has been promoting wrestling now for 9 years. In 9 years, every Futureshock show has gone ahead and in some cases, even ones that seemed doomed (due to problems with the ring that were fixed) still went ahead.

Futureshock has a very loyal audience, I've been attending shows for the last 9 years and its the same people every month without fail, not once has anyone complained about the quality of a show, (far from it, people go out of their way to praise Futureshock) not once, has anyone ever asked for a refund and thats in 9 years. Dave is also one of the most reliable people you'll ever meet, whenever we (GPW) need spots filling on shows (due to the very rare times when a wrestler has to pull out), Dave is the one you call. If it comes down to the word of someone "doing their nut in" or Dave, I'll have Dave's back every time.

I appreciate you've been upset by 1PW but that was 1PW, a promotion that did too much too fast and died on its arse. HXC is not 1PW.Futureshock and Grand Pro Wrestling have always treated fans right and continue to maintain huge crowds that keep on expanding due to the quality of the wrestling and the reputation they have both earned with the general public and this will continue with HXC Wrestling, it'll be a great night. (Edit:I just added that last bit about it being a great night)

I only know whats been posted by Fludder and Ruffneck on FB, but the situation is (from whats been said there) a PCW fan who Ruffneck didn't really know was being given info on all sorts of things that he shouldn't have been. The fan then sent proof to Fludder of what Ruffneck was doing. There were mentions of it being done to other promotions too but no names, but even if that wasn't the case then you can't blame a promoter for pulling him from the card if it had nothing to do with HXC because, firstly you're going to have doubts if you can trust him and secondly there will be people in the back who are going to have a problem with him which will create a negative atmosphere which could spill over into the show. Given some comments about the situation and Fludder saying he had to stand up for Ruffneck countless times when people didn't want him around then if the guy doesn't have a huge fan club to start with it could turn into a nasty situation pretty quickly. Again this is just what I've read from Fludder, Ruffneck hmself and a couple of others, don't take it as 100% fact. I'm sure each side has added bits to suit themselves.

As for HXC management. Accoring to Ruffnecks Facebook, anyone who bought tickets through him or has changed their mind on the show because he pulled out can contact HXC for a refund, if thats true or not I don't know but I can't see why he would say that otherwise. As has already been said Dave has always done an excellent job with Futureshock (including offering refunds on the Davey situation last year which no one felt the need to accept (seriously anyway) and Mike used to run ECUK in Manchester. Always had good dealings with him, been a fan for a long time, has a good knowledge on almost every product and the fact he's teamed up with Dave rather than try to go it alone with no experience in running a promotion speaks volumes on his sense.

Were Ruffneck or the MOB even announced for HXC? I don't remember any announcement about a match or seeing them on the posters or roster page of the HXC website.

If that's the case then are people genuinely asking for refunds because a wrestler that wasn't advertised for the show isn't going to be appearing?

Ruffneck said that he hadn't been announced in advance. His appearance was going to be a surprise on the night.

As mentioned by diamond_dust, it was people who Ruffneck had sold tickets to who are entitled to a refund. Those people probably WILL have known he was going to be on the show.

I didn't know ECUK Mike was involved with this company.

I was a regular customer and enjoyed chatting to him every month, nice bloke.

• Paid Members

Having attended many a FutureShock show since they started in 2004, I have always found them to be an extremely professional outfit in terms of customer service etc. Unfortunately I won't be at HXC due to being at Triple-X Wrestling in Coventry the same night, but I can't imagine you would have any problems whatsoever in that respect.

To echo the other sentiments I don't think this will effect the show at all, if Ruffneck was going to be on the show he will be replaced by someone else and the rest of the card will happen as planned. I wouldn't worry, this isn't the first signs of a 1PW style meltdown just the promoter doing what they feel is best for their show.

Thank you for your help. My point mainly echoes that questions put to HXC seem to be being completely ignored, although it was said that refunds would be offered (same as was said by 1PW), no one is answering those requests and instead it seems posts are being deleted. I'm not a fan of Dave Rayne or how he conducts himself but if people are genuinely concerned and have already shelled out money I think it is in their best interests to answer people's queries and put their minds at rest rather than ignoring them and deleting stuff.

For me Ruffneck was one of the main draws on the show, it is that kind of environment and they are promoting themselves as 'Hardcore' then announcing matches like Dave Rayne vs Bodom and The Models in an open challenge?? Just now looks like a glorified Futureshock show which is not worth me travelling a long distance to see. There is no Clint Margera, no Jimmy Havoc and to be honest not much else on there at the moment that stands out if it stays as it is. I have found what was going on with Ruffneck and that tassel guy very entertaining to watch and was interested to see how that was included and I know a lot of people felt the same.

Anyway, thank you for your help, I shall contact the organiser and see what he has to say before making any decisions.

• Paid Members
Thank you for your help. My point mainly echoes that questions put to HXC seem to be being completely ignored, although it was said that refunds would be offered (same as was said by 1PW), no one is answering those requests and instead it seems posts are being deleted. I'm not a fan of Dave Rayne or how he conducts himself but if people are genuinely concerned and have already shelled out money I think it is in their best interests to answer people's queries and put their minds at rest rather than ignoring them and deleting stuff.

For me Ruffneck was one of the main draws on the show, it is that kind of environment and they are promoting themselves as 'Hardcore' then announcing matches like Dave Rayne vs Bodom and The Models in an open challenge?? Just now looks like a glorified Futureshock show which is not worth me travelling a long distance to see. There is no Clint Margera, no Jimmy Havoc and to be honest not much else on there at the moment that stands out if it stays as it is. I have found what was going on with Ruffneck and that tassel guy very entertaining to watch and was interested to see how that was included and I know a lot of people felt the same.

Anyway, thank you for your help, I shall contact the organiser and see what he has to say before making any decisions.

I understand what you were saying with regards to no Hardcore being announced but also find it strange that you are asking for a refund because somebody not announced for the show not being on there. I can see your point that the show was sold on a theme but maybe they want to build that. Talent on there like Stixx , T-Bone , Hayes are some of the best talent in the country !

I get what your saying - 1PW done an amazing job of harming British Wrestling and it takes a while for fans take time to trust a new promotion !

I understand what you were saying with regards to no Hardcore being announced but also find it strange that you are asking for a refund because somebody not announced for the show not being on there. I can see your point that the show was sold on a theme but maybe they want to build that. Talent on there like Stixx , T-Bone , Hayes are some of the best talent in the country !

I get what your saying - 1PW done an amazing job of harming British Wrestling and it takes a while for fans take time to trust a new promotion !

I think it is also the way in which the situation is now being handled that is worrying a lot of people. No communication whatsoever being the main issue. Personally I could write a list of at least another 5 or 6 supposedly top UK talents that are very quick to give away storylines especially to female fans they want to impress so don't really see what Ruffneck has done as being that different and it sounds as though they are going to let an isolated incident be made into major drama on social media, which all in all is not what I go to watch wrestling for. I saw something going on that I liked the look of and now it seems that has had the plug pulled on it, I get to see Stixx, T-Bone and Joey Hayes regularly at shows around the country and indeed all are top talents, as are some of the others named but there is now nothing particularly different about this show and nothing that looks unique.

I think it is also the way in which the situation is now being handled that is worrying a lot of people. No communication whatsoever being the main issue.

Way I see it, venue has been announced, roster has been announced, times, prices etc. What have you not been told?

I understand the feeling that it's just going to be another Futureshock show but with it being aimed at a different target audience it could still be a very different show despite a similar roster. I'd still go and give it a try, it's not like tickets were too expensive and I'm sure it will still be a fun night.

The whole Ruffneck situation shouldn't put you off, I'm sure the rest of the guys will put on a great show for the fans.

Archived