Jump to content

  

133 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

  • Awards Moderator
Posted (edited)

Cena, mainly for the Lesnar match.

 

Of the other six, Sheamus and Park are probably the only other contenders. Jeff's too weird, Ryback only started gaining momentum in October (if said momentum continues apace without derailment, however, he could be a sure thing for next year), Santino still gets good reactions but is getting a little tired, and Rock wasn't ever particularly face-y when he was around, to my mind.

 

 

(edit: didn't pluralise 'contenders'. It was annoying me.)

Edited by HarmonicGenerator
  • Paid Members
Posted

This poll is always difficult as I have a perpetual hard-on for the heels, however I really enjoyed Ryback all year. I love squash matches and those big monster characters and he's really exceeded at both. Yeah he's only JUST got some real momentum but, aside from Park, I can't think of another face I was solidly behind all year.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Good work on explaining all of your choices Green. It's good to read why people voted the way they did.

 

I voted for The Rock because he's my favourite wrestler ever and I was so happy to see him back that I was cheering him on like it was 2000 despite the multiple weak promos and occasional heelish moment.

Posted

I'm going with Ryback, I haven't got behind a new face in years and Ryback has done a damn good job of playing to his strengths and getting the crowd behind him this year.

Posted

Cena, not only getting the better of The Rock in terms of the feud rather than the WM match, but also with Lesnar and so on, really stepped up to the mark

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

Sheamus.

 

Enjoyed Ryback from the start and Bryan was great fun throughout but was a heel half the time. I also don't think he was put in position to carry a show the way Sheamus was clearly booked as 'The Man' on the B-Show all year from winning the Rumble onwards and did it all as a face.

 

Also credit where it's due, Santino has become a really good working babyface over the past couple of years. The closing moments of the Elimination Chamber had me hoping they'd give him a mini-feud over the World title at some point.

 

Wasn't as keen on Cena and The Rock as in other years but they clearly deserve to be up there and I wouldn't argue with someone who did pick them.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...