MMA-Related Awards 2012

Ronnie

• Paid Members

I was't going to nominate Benson and I've been critical of him a few times this year, but after his performance last night, going 3-0 with a title win in the most stacked division in the UFC, I thought he deserved atleast a nomination.

I struggled to recall any of the top guys fighting 3 times in 2012. Was there anyone else? :/

Edit - And yeah, Supremo has been great in the MMA threads this year. He gets a lot of shit, but I think he's superb going back and forth with David.

Edited by Silky Kisser

On Ben Henderson, he's a great fighter but I couldn't in good conscience put him in my top 3 over Anderson Silva. No way. Anderson has been breathtaking. And at 37.

I couldn't put Benson over Jones either. And I think Ronda deserves to be on there more as well, not only for her two impressive....wins, but for becoming one of the biggest stars in the sport and making history becoming the first UFC women's champion. That trumps 3 decisions (1 of which he should have lost) for me.

Anderson's amazing and at his age but he missed out. Bendo fought in the deepest UFC weight class even though he should have lost the decision in the second Edgar fight and Jones retained the UFC Light Heavyweight Title against Evans and Belfort with Belfort almost submitting him. Before Jones, the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship was hardly defended. Rousey is the face/representative of her division.

Edited by The Natural

Best MMA fighter

Anderson Silva

Rhonda Rousey

Jon Jones

Best MMA fight

Rousey vs Tate

Anderson Silva vs Stephan Bonner

Junior Dos Santos vs Frank Mir (I never tire of seeing Mir getting KTFO)

Best MMA poster on the UKFF

wandshogun09

Ebb

Silky Kisser

• Paid Members
lamby's a good shout, he's been one of the better posters this year in the MMA threads along with Supremo and yourself Silky. I think overall the discussion in the MMA threads have been great this year.

Agreed. There's been some brilliant MMA discussion this year.

Best MMA Fighter

Anderson Silva

Ben Henderson

Ronda Rousey

Best MMA Fight

Miesha Tate vs. Ronda Rousey

Chan Sung Jung vs Dustin Poirie

Georges St. Pierre vs. Carlos Condit

Best MMA Event

UFC 146

UFC 153

UFC on FOX 4