TNA Impact Wrestling spoilers for 15/11

1SinN6

- TNA taped this Thursday's episode of Impact Wrestling last night in Orlando. Here are spoilers:

* Bobby Roode challenges James Storm to one last match for Storm's world title shot. Storm accepts.

* Rob Van Dam beat Kid Kash.

* Aces & 8s attack Magnus backstage.

* Jesse beat Eric Young.

* Devon and a member of Aces & 8s challenge Kurt Angle and Garrett Bischoff to a tag team match.

* Kurt Angle & Garrett Bischoff beat Aces & 8s.

* Tara and Jesse confront Brooke Hogan in her office about the Knockouts Battle Royal signed for later tonight.

ODB, Madison Rayne, Gail Kim, Miss Tessmacker and Mickie James wrestle

in a Battle Royal for the #1 contenders spot. Mickie wins.

* AJ

Styles cuts a promo until Daniels and Kazarian interupt. AJ challenges

Daniels to one more match but Kazarian says they have nothing left to

prove.

* Bobby Roode defeated James Storm to take Storm's #1 contenders spotat Final Resolution.

I'm just not seeing it in you, brother!

• Paid Members

Magnus wasn't attacked backstage, it was in the arena during his entrance for a match. Not a big deal, though.

Surprised no-one's discussed this show, as it wasn't bad; Roode and Storm, despite being overplayed, was decent for a TV match, and a smart turnaround to get Roode back in the title scene. He must be the one to take the belt off Hardy, now that Hardy's had his speciality match with Aries.

Can't believe they're continuing with this AJ/Daniels/Kaz feud, really can't. Kaz even says in his fucking promo: "AJ, you're stale." Too fucking right - the whole thing is stale. With AJ unable to compete for a title for a while, why not have him decide to go for one of the other belts - how about a "return to his roots" storyline, where he goes after RVD for the X-belt? Or perhaps go for a slow-burn heel-turn where he challenges RVD for the X-belt, loses, challenges Joe for the TV title, loses, then as a last gasp teams up with someone to get a tag shot, then turns on said partner when they lose? Would give him something to do, and would tie in perfectly with the "Shit Year" thing they're doing with him right now.

Y'know who's surprisingly not shit? Jesse, Tara's boyfriend. Great look, pretty solid in-ring work, doesn't do loads of "moves", milks for reactions a lot, sells like a pro, works the camera, quite charismatic - I think he could be a sleeper hit. Could be TNA's Mizanin.

Good idea for the KO battle royal - apart from ODB, hadn't seen any of those ladies in quite a while, so was refreshing to see them back. I actually missed Gail Kim, which is good because she was getting really boring just after her title loss. Same with Madison. I really like ODB's work right now - never understand why people call her shit. She's over, has a great character, isn't horrendous in the ring, isn't bad on the mike, and has a couple of great little spots, such as the alcohol-spit (used to great effect in eliminating Madison), and the dirty Bronco Buster - especially when EY then insists she does it to him.

Feel bad for Kid Kash, getting jobber entrance treatment against RVD, no build-up or anything, but I suppose it strongly suggests that Gunner is in Aces & Eights, which would be a good idea. Just think they could do more with a guy like Kash right now - he's looking good, he's got that whole grumpy, grizzled veteran thing going on, and he can still do cruiserweight style with it, so it works pretty well.

Hope this Magnus beatdown leads to something more with him - he's improved a lot, I think, and he's getting pretty solid overall. Mike-work is decent too. Like his elbow drops and Michi Driver finishes as well.

Kurt/Garrett/Devon/Prospect match wasn't bad, but it was a little let down by the finish, I felt - Kurt makes a big deal how he wants to tear them apart, then goes for the cheap win. I guess it was because they knew they were outnumbered, so there is a little of a "screw you" element to it, with Kurt holding up two fingers for victories, but it seemed a little anti-climactic. Liking the burn for Wes Brisco, though - interference, gets in on Gut Check, and hopefully we'll see his unveiling after a few weeks.

I did look for a topic but people seemed to be discussing the week before still.

One question - have they done that weird 'Jeff Hardy voiceover' thought thing before? You know, just after Aries left..

Never noticed it before and I thought it was fucking ridiculous but maybe it's just something I've skipped previously.

I didn't mind Roode/Storm again as they work so well together, and really the feud is just continuing and hasn't been overplayed for years. AJ/Daniels on the other hand..

• Paid Members
I did look for a topic but people seemed to be discussing the week before still.

One question - have they done that weird 'Jeff Hardy voiceover' thought thing before? You know, just after Aries left..

Never noticed it before and I thought it was fucking ridiculous but maybe it's just something I've skipped previously.

I didn't mind Roode/Storm again as they work so well together, and really the feud is just continuing and hasn't been overplayed for years. AJ/Daniels on the other hand..

Yeah, they did that again. Not liking it, but I'm trying to rationalise it that it's a production thing - i.e. that they're conducting interviews with Hardy at some point after the event, and editing it in for the programme. Problem is that it doesn't really sit with the whole idea that it's supposed to be live. I get that they're doing it because Hardy's quite pants on the mike as a face, but it just reeks of WWE at their worst, and jars horribly with their "reality TV" style segments.

I for one have a dislike for the Jeff Hardy inner monologue. It just screams the writers have a soft spot for JD from Scrubs.

Anyone think that AJ Styles is trying to hard to be like Cena just now with the baseball cap and the T-Shirt with the circular logo?

• Paid Members
I think you're probably the only person that would make that connection. It's a very thin link at best.

Agreed. Ken Anderson's got a similar look as well.

• Paid Members
Feel bad for Kid Kash, getting jobber entrance treatment against RVD, no build-up or anything, but I suppose it strongly suggests that Gunner is in Aces & Eights, which would be a good idea. Just think they could do more with a guy like Kash right now - he's looking good, he's got that whole grumpy, grizzled veteran thing going on, and he can still do cruiserweight style with it, so it works pretty well.

Hope this Magnus beatdown leads to something more with him - he's improved a lot, I think, and he's getting pretty solid overall. Mike-work is decent too. Like his elbow drops and Michi Driver finishes as well.

I'd really like to see an extended Kash-RVD feud over the X-Division title. I'm a big fan of Kash, for the same reasons you've laid out, and think he'd be an ideal choice for a solid challenger to RVD and that belt. Bit of ECW nostalgia for those who still like that kind of thing too.

Magnus'll be gone until the new year now, I was wondering if/how they were going to write him off TV as he's in panto here in Norwich from early next month through to mid-January. Someone asked him on Twitter recently about the UK tour, his response was "wouldn't miss it for the world" so I presume he'll return at those tapings as an anti-Aces & 8s face??

The Jeff Hardy "we can hear his MIND" thing is the absolute worst thing in TNA by a mile. An utterly retarded idea that comes off as beyond stupid in the context of the whole show. Horrid.

I can't actually believe it makes it to air.

It's fucking terrible, isn't it? Whilst I admire TNA for trying out new things, that one just doesn't work. At all. Not least because Hardy's got the worst, emotionless, whiny voice.

About a year ago, TNA were grounding all the backstage stuff in reality - there was always a reasons for a camera there, overheard conversations were done through the crack in a door or whatever, most things were proper on-the-fly interviews etc.

It worked really well, and then with this move to reality-tv style, suddenly we've got Hogan holding important business meetings in front of a camera that nobody acknowledges. Pity.

• Paid Members

Quick question, was Brooke H's leg draped over Bully ray, or was that just my eyes playing tricks? I know they were inferring that Brooke was embarrased she was caught in a private situation with him, but didn't quite catch how close they actually were.

Seems like an odd couple if that's the way they are going with it, Bully doesn't seem to be her type.

Archived