LDN threatens to sue council

Jetta's G-string

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a friend of mines show he had shut down. He even cancelled his show elsewhere to book a venue as close to my friends as possible. Shame that he does that but thats the wrestling biz. He aint in it to make friends.

It was a friend of mines show he had shut down. He even cancelled his show elsewhere to book a venue as close to my friends as possible. Shame that he does that but thats the wrestling biz. He aint in it to make friends.

No offence meant to you but thats bollocks! So many good promoters work together, in similar areas and nationwide. It can be done if people care to try. If what you're describing is true its a shit trick.

I apologise, i should have explained more clearly. I meant thats obviously what some people in the wrestling biz are like. Ive met and chatted to many promoters that seem nice enough to help people out. I worded it wrong and didn't mean any offence. I've never promoted a show but before this had heard of him doing it to other people as well.

No mate, I know what you mean and talking about certain promoters that shit attitude is totally true, what I meant to get at is that its absolute bollocks that some promoters feel they have to act that way. You made your point a fair bit better than I did to be honest.

• Paid Members

Bit of background on last few days. About 2 months ago, my friends announced a show to happen in chingford. SNW. Night was clear, no one near was hosting any events. At venue never used for wrestling.

Bagga decided this was too near to where he has hosted LDN Before (2-3 miles away) and that we will cancel the show or he would call the police and tear down any posters. He also called the venue 4 times to try and cancel the show (we'd tipped them off so was ok). He also moved his show to the same night.

We politely contacted him and said we wish no ill, but if he carries out on his threats we'd have to report him. A clerical error meant one of our license forms was not complete, and as Bagga contacted the council 9 days before the show, we had no time to complete the form. So the show had to go on as a private event. Ok, we lost money as couldn't have any public there and no tickets could be sold but we know for next time.

Nothing slanderous here, as we have it all in writing. It appears someone took revenge on him and I have no sympathy. I'm shocked it hasn't happened sooner

Thats fair enough opcws, I agree but there isnt enough money for the most part to shit on people. I understand in businesses where real revenue can be affected but for the sake of a few hundred quid I would rather be able to sleep at night knowing I'm not a cunt. I am not talking about anyone specific here, just someone who behaves in the manner described or insinuated in this thread and previous similar threads.

• Paid Members
Yeah, I've heard a few rumblings about Bagga doing this sort of thing, but didn't want to say much as it's just whispers and conjecture rather than solid facts.

Yeah, now we have e-mails and FB messages threatening to do this, so it's not such a secret now.

Also he mentioned it was a bunch of backyarders. Not true (well, I could be but I'm just an MC) as almost all the wrestlers train/ed at the London School Of Lucha and also appeared for Progress and IPW:UK. Not through LDN's school, which is maybe where the issues lie.

Archived