LDN threatens to sue council

Jetta's G-string

I hope one day another promotion like the quality of 2002/3 FWA's product starts up and blows people like him out the water

Apparently a promotion started up in 2010 or 2011, and I believe they called themselves...ummm...who were they?..ummm...Oh yeah, that's it, they called themselves FWA......any idea what happened to them?

Hey Ravenhill, if I remember, when this first come up about a then un-named mysterious caller getting a show cancelled because a licensing issue, you were all over it saying that it was the promoters own fault and that if they are not professional enough to get the proper licences etc etc that the promoter deserved for it to happen and it was unlicensed shows that give Brit Wrestling a bad name etc etc.

Now this has happened to your mate Bagga, are you willing to say the same now?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Awww Bagga just blocked me on twitter. Having some fun Banter with him too. Oh well...

Forget all of this playground wrestling bollocks. Did you get that job with Disney?

Ish. I didnt win so me and a fellow finalist started a new show. the podcast now called Dis After Dark. A Disney podcast for grown ups (i.e we drink and stuff) which ironically now has more listeners / downloads then the disney show I was in the competition for.

"cheap plug"www.disafterdark.com or on itunes UK and worldwide "/Cheap plug"

I hope one day another promotion like the quality of 2002/3 FWA's product starts up and blows people like him out the water

Apparently a promotion started up in 2010 or 2011, and I believe they called themselves...ummm...who were they?..ummm...Oh yeah, that's it, they called themselves FWA......any idea what happened to them?

I actually tried to ask Alex this on Facebook the other day. He just liked the post but no answer :confused: As the site hasn't been updated since May I'd say its dead again.

Hey Ravenhill, if I remember, when this first come up about a then un-named mysterious caller getting a show cancelled because a licensing issue, you were all over it saying that it was the promoters own fault and that if they are not professional enough to get the proper licences etc etc that the promoter deserved for it to happen and it was unlicensed shows that give Brit Wrestling a bad name etc etc.

Now this has happened to your mate Bagga, are you willing to say the same now?

If it had happened to my mother, I would call her up, have a cheeky giggle and say "who fucked up then?", so yes i'd be willing to say the same about Sanjay..... However, in this case old Sanjeev took the council to court and beat them, because he had sent off and paid for the license in time, and had the receipt for it, however someone in the council forgot to process it. The council accepted blame and compensated him for it.

Anyway, you've obviously misinterpreted what i've said in the past. My grievance is not with people who make a mistake with the licenses, hell i've had to cancel shows because i'd messed up license deadlines, my grievance is with people who run shows knowing they have no license, people who try their luck so they can save a few quid, or with people so ignorant that they didn't even know they needed a license!

• Paid Members

2012 the year LDN could close it's doors for business if Bagga pursues this IMO. If he does attempt to sue and loses legal fees can cost a bomb. Drawing 60-100 people per show and paying talent and venue hire, and I almost forgot to mention insurance and appropriate licenses LDN can't really be making that much profit as a business. Although LDN has run quite a few years, and if Bagga has been wearing the same Matalan Jacket as previously stated for the last 10 years then he may just have a bit saved. Who Knows?

He's probably only gone to the press to see if it pressures the council into giving him some sort of compensation. My guess is that he'll get a letter of apologising and that'll be the end of the matter.

2012 the year LDN could close it's doors for business if Bagga pursues this IMO. If he does attempt to sue and loses legal fees can cost a bomb. Drawing 60-100 people per show and paying talent and venue hire, and I almost forgot to mention insurance and appropriate licenses LDN can't really be making that much profit as a business. Although LDN has run quite a few years, and if Bagga has been wearing the same Matalan Jacket as previously stated for the last 10 years then he may just have a bit saved. Who Knows?

He's probably only gone to the press to see if it pressures the council into giving him some sort of compensation. My guess is that he'll get a letter of apologising and that'll be the end of the matter.

Wishful thinking on your part I'm afraid. He's been making a decent profit for a while now. He's probably one of the few promotors in the country who successfully makes a full time living off of it.

• Paid Members

Wishful thinking on your part I'm afraid. He's been making a decent profit for a while now. He's probably one of the few promotors in the country who successfully makes a full time living off of it.

I don't wish anyone to go out of business, I said in my opinion if he goes after the council. So not wishful thinking on my part at all I'm afraid.

• Paid Members
2012 the year LDN could close it's doors for business if Bagga pursues this IMO. If he does attempt to sue and loses legal fees can cost a bomb. Drawing 60-100 people per show and paying talent and venue hire, and I almost forgot to mention insurance and appropriate licenses LDN can't really be making that much profit as a business.

And where did you figure merchandise into your guestimate of LDN

Drawing 60-100 people per show

And your guesstimate of LDN draws?!! Like LDN or not they probably regularly draw better then any other company in the country!! Halls like Clacton, Croydon & Margate regularly draw up to 500 (if not more). Sports centers like Chelmsford & Staines have drawn up to 300 this year. All this while the wrestling business is in decline. LDN is run as a business and to succeed in business you have to be a bit cut throat so as a businessman Bagga is doing alright.

• Paid Members
Drawing 60-100 people per show

And your guesstimate of LDN draws?!! Like LDN or not they probably regularly draw better then any other company in the country!! Halls like Clacton, Croydon & Margate regularly draw up to 500 (if not more). Sports centers like Chelmsford & Staines have drawn up to 300 this year. All this while the wrestling business is in decline. LDN is run as a business and to succeed in business you have to be a bit cut throat so as a businessman Bagga is doing alright.

Yeah, but you dont see Starbucks try and call the council to close down the little cafe down the road. You can be a successful business man without being a wanker. If you are successful why would you need to play dirty? That is what he does though. If he doesnt need to why would you go to the trouble? One day it will come back to haunt him. I have no issues with people trying to make a living, but with him I hope he does go out of business as he doesnt deserve to succed. Horrible little man

• Paid Members

I don't wish anyone to go out of business, I said in my opinion if he goes after the council. So not wishful thinking on my part at all I'm afraid.

Perhaps you should have read the post above yours where Ravenhill said the council accepted they were at fault, not Bagga and compensated him for their error.

Archived