2012/2013 Scottish Football Thread

David

• Paid Members
Miller 61 games and 16 goals.

Mackie 107 game and 17 goals for Aberdeen.

I'm not Miller's biggest fan but he is miles better than Darren Mackie. I would imagine Miller does not start on Tuesday. Hopefully, we go two up front. I'm not convinced Strachan or Walter Smith are the men for the job either.

I didn't say they were the same ability wise. I meant they have the same effect on their respective teams.

Also I forgot to mention Dixon... he impressed me yesterday. Very good game considering it was his debut.

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it an unwritten rule that an SPL manager gets the national job?

The only reason I ask is that if I were the man responsible for appointing the Scotland manager in 2009 i'd have been straight on the phone to David Moyes.

I don't think Moyes would be interested in the slightest.

The only reason I ask is that if I were the man responsible for appointing the Scotland manager in 2009 i'd have been straight on the phone to David Moyes.

Yes. I'm fucking flabbergasted as to why somebody would think Moyes would be interested in the Scottish job. Is Brownie being serious?

• Paid Members
I think Miller has led the line well for Scotland, something Mackie could hardly be accused of for Aberdeen. Do I think Miller's time has just about passed? Yes. Still gets an unreal amount of stick though.

I've never been impressed by Miller. Maybe I'm biased as I dislike him.

• Paid Members

Yes. I'm fucking flabbergasted as to why somebody would think Moyes would be interested in the Scottish job. Is Brownie being serious?

It's a part time job, no travelling required once qualifying is over and zero expectation. He'd fancy a slice of that.

• Paid Members

Sure I mentioned this before, but we're all stuck with Levein for years. He is firmly entrenched in that pally-wally, funny handshake Largs SFA mafia system. No way they are going to let him go.

If they did, they'd just promote Peter Houston, or Mark Wotte, and move Levein upstairs.

Nobody else would agree, but if Strachan and Smith ruled themselves out of it, I'd go for Jimmy Calderwood. Experienced in Europe, good record for the Dons.

• Paid Members
Sure I mentioned this before, but we're all stuck with Levein for years. He is firmly entrenched in that pally-wally, funny handshake Largs SFA mafia system. No way they are going to let him go.

If they did, they'd just promote Peter Houston, or Mark Wotte, and move Levein upstairs.

Nobody else would agree, but if Strachan and Smith ruled themselves out of it, I'd go for Jimmy Calderwood. Experienced in Europe, good record for the Dons.

NO!

Don't even joke about that!

I think Miller has led the line well for Scotland, something Mackie could hardly be accused of for Aberdeen. Do I think Miller's time has just about passed? Yes. Still gets an unreal amount of stick though.

I've never been impressed by Miller. Maybe I'm biased as I dislike him.

I think the last part of the sentence is the clue. Like I say, I'm not saying Miller is fantastic but he has been the best possible selection for Scotland for a number of years. Whether he is or not now is open to debate.

Archived