The 2012 UKFF UK50 - STAGE TWO

Big Benny HG

Who deserves the final 10 places in the UK50?  

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Can't believe Liam Thomson didn't get straight in! VOTE LIAM! :)

Ditto. I voted him & Red Lightning.

Liam will deffo go through. Lightning may be at a disadvantage as he only works in Scotland and still not many English fans have seen him or knows what he does.

Wolfgang is in there though! I think a lot of Scottish people vote! :)

yeah i just meant in terms of stage 2, like the 11 other guys

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Like Dart said, there are a fair few surprising eliminations already. If I could vote my own personal choice of 50 guys like Eddie Ryan, Terry Frazier, Owen Phoenix, Greg Burridge, The Saint and Sha Samuels should have all got potential places. Owen Phoenix especially. I can only imagine it's a case of where they work in the country and how often they work. They're all southerners and only really work in 4FW, IPW:UK and Lucha Britannia with the odd appearences here and there.

Looking at the 40 names who have already qualified, only six of them live south of the Watford Gap. And out of the 12 to vote for in Stage Two, only 4 are south of the Watford Gap.

Has there been a bit of a north and south divide this year? 7 of the 40 are Scottish and wrestle primarily in Scotland with a few English appearences, most notably PCW. It would be interesting to note to see what guys work which promotions to see where a majority of the votes have come from...... Bear with me on that.

Just a quick knock up seen as I'm only on break right now, I've tried to use primarily the promotions they can be classified as regulars or more than special guests at:

Andy Wild - PBW, ICW, PWE, PCW

"Nathan Cruz - NGW, SWE" Is this a joke? What about Progress Champion? + a regular at NEWS and XWA? Plus various other smaller promotions? Also one of about 10 wrestlers in the UK that are dedicated/talented enough to be employed full time, All year round. I seriously think this should be corrected if you do not wish to lose credibility!

BT Gunn - PBW, ICW, PWE, PCW

Bubblegum - GPW, PCW, SWE, XWA

CJ Banks - FSW, PBW, PCW

Cyanide - GPW, FSW

Dave Mastiff - IPW, FCP, SWE, ASW, PCW

Dave Rayne - FSW, PCW, GPW

Dean Allmark - ASW, IPW, PCW

El Ligero - ASW, PCW, SWE, PBW, PWE, GPW, XWA, PPW, NGW, 3CW

Jack Gallagher - GPW, FSW, NGW

Jack Jester - PBW, ICW

James Mason - Sorry but I haven't seen James at all these past 12 months!

James Scott - PBW, ICW, 3CW

Joey Hayes - GPW, FSW, PWE, PBW, PCW

Johnny Moss - PCW, PWE, PBW

Joseph Conners - SWE

Kid Fite - PWE, ICW, PCW, PPW

Kris Travis - PCW, SWE, IPW, PBW, PWE, 3CW

Lion Kid - IPW

Lionheart - PBW, ICW, PCW, PWE

Mad Man Manson - PCW, SWE

Mark Haskins - IPW, SWE, ASW, NGW

Martin Kirby - SWE, IPW, PCW, NGW, GPW, 3CW, PBW, PWE

Marty Scurll - IPW, SWE, PCW

Max Angelus - SWE, IPW, PCW

Mikey Whiplash - PCW, ICW, PWE, PBW, 4FW

MK McKinnan - FCP, SWE

Nathan Cruz - NGW, SWE

Noam Dar - PWE, PBW, ICW, PCW, SWE, IPW

Paul Malen - SWE

Rampage Brown - NGW, ASW, SWE

Robbie X - SWE, NGW

Rockstar Spud - IPW, FCP, SWE, PCW, 4FW, XWA

Sam Bailey - PCW, FSW, NGW

Stixx - SWE, IPW, NGW, XWA

T-Bone - IPW, PCW, SWE

Trent Seven - FCP

Wolfgang - PBW, ICW, PWE

Zack 'Diamond' Gibson - GPW, FSW

Zack Sabre Jr - IPW

"Nathan Cruz - NGW, SWE" Is this a joke? What about Progress Champion? + a regular at NEWS and XWA? Plus various other smaller promotions? Also one of about 10 wrestlers in the UK that are dedicated/talented enough to be employed full time, All year round. I seriously think this should be corrected if you do not wish to lose credibility!

• Paid Members

Has Nathan Cruz not worked for All Star in the last year?? If he has then your omission of the biggest wrestling company in the United Kingdom casts doubt and aspersion upon your own comment, quoted above for posterity.

You ineffable nitwit! Sheer bloody nincompoopery!!

Just a quick knock up seen as I'm only on break right now, I've tried to use primarily the promotions they can be classified as regulars or more than special guests at:

"Just a quick knock up seen as I'm only on break right now, I've tried to use primarily the promotions they can be classified as regulars or more than special guests at"

Now go bite thine thumb at someone else.

Also like Gordon has said, those TWO Progress shows have kept him fully employed rather than All Star.

Has Nathan Cruz not worked for All Star in the last year?? If he has then your omission of the biggest wrestling company in the United Kingdom casts doubt and aspersion upon your own comment, quoted above for posterity.

You ineffable nitwit! Sheer bloody nincompoopery!!

To be a full time wrestler in the UK you have to be on the ASW roster! Ok i never mentioned ASW by name as i assumed you would get my point? Anyhow i think that Cruz is right up there with any of the workers on your list & now that we have more or less credited him with the full amount of promotions he has worked for this year, Perhaps the good people of the UKFF can now at least be completely objective when analysing his talent ;)

• Paid Members

The 12 men up for consideration nearly received enough nominations to get directly into the list. Here are what some of their nominating UKFF members had to say about them:

'Persian Prince' Behnam Ali

aliw.jpg

"One of the most criminally underrated wrestlers in the UK today"

"hate the gimmick but he is jawdroppingly talented"

"Last year I said he was a great prospect but this year I have to say he is just great. He seems to have really embraced his Iranian gimmick with some gusto and looks better every time I see him. His highlight has to be an epic match with Togo in Swindon where they tore the house down"

JD Knight

knightp.jpg

"Makes the list again this year despite a lower profile on 4FW shows and I haven't seen him elsewhere. Having said that, his match with Finlay in Swindon was main event WWE level goodness with a gruesome looking diving chair shot. Always has a great look and an entertaining match that fits any card"

"Fantastic worker with a great look. He's got a great grasp on ring psychology unlike a good amount of guys on the indies right now and I wouldn't be surprised if WWE comes knocking once again"

Jim Hunter

jimhunter_main.jpg

"Both Hunters are great, but Jim has had better singles matches so gets the nod"

"Just as good if not better in some cases as his brother another underated worker"

"Apart of best tag team in UK"

Joel Redman

l.jpg

"Now going to WWE, but he is a fantastic wrestler who has been the cornerstone of the Bournemouth wrestling experience. Can have a great match with absolutley anyone. Wonderful wrestler, hope he makes it big"

More tomorrow...

Really pleased with a lot of the guys who have made it through into the top 50 already!! Really hoping that 'White Lightning' Mark Andrews and Wild Boar make it through into the 50. They had one of the matches of the year at the last Progress show! Stunned to not see 'The Pride of Wales' Eddie Dennis anywhere in the reckoning though and some notable absentees from the list including IPW Champ Sha Samuels, Terry Frazier & Greg Burridge!! Amazing!

• Paid Members

sadly for both of them, I think the majority of the people that vote on here don't visit 4FW or don't see it as much as other promotions. 4FW seems to have a superbly strong fan base in and around Swindon that isn't represented on here. Add in Behnam's trips to Japan (much like Owen's) and it all makes sense on why they haven't been seen as much as others on the list this year.

I think Ali would have gotten in the 50 if he started to make his name more around the country. The guy has the potential to go for and if he breaks out over the next 12 months, he should be high up in the list next time round.

Knight I thought looked good when I saw him in October, but looked terrible when I saw him next in June so other 4FW Heavyweights like Ryan, Saint and Dynamo would've gotten the nod far more than him.

• Paid Members

There were A LOT of 4FW-exclusive lists that were submitted during last year's UKFF UK50, whereas there weren't as many this time.

Jonny Storm

5057153454_f44629c970_z.jpg

"If there is one guy that I feel could beat Ligero to the post of number one in the fifty is Storm. Much like Ligero travels up and down the UK just to go out his way and keep the fans entertained with his high flying skills."

"Still one of the best around who is a great character as well as a great wrestler. Plus I still remember his kick ass theme music"

"Man will never die out still just as good (like a fine wine gets better with age)"

Josh Bodom

joshbodom.jpg

(Photo - Tony Knox)

" Just coming through a huge amount of potential, started wrestling under Kid Kash at Start Power Training’s first course"

"Only in his first year as a pro hes really looked good when i have seen him in futureshock and his outing for infinte . Not sure if he will break the 5o this year but i expect him to break top 15 next year"

"superb wrestler, works strong styles and Highflying"

Lee Hunter

leehunter_main.jpg

"Just fantastic worker and so underated deserve a big year"

"Top worker just shades his brother"

Liam Thomson

thomsonv.jpg

(Photo - Tim RTC)

"The best technical wrestler Scotland has, the most deserving guy never to be champion"

• Paid Members

Mark Andrews

andrewsu.jpg

"Graet high flyer and crowd pleaser"

"I had to give up drinking White Lightning personally, so I have to get intoxicated vicariously these days"

"Good flyer who exudes possitivity"

Pete Dunne

dunne.jpg

"Has probably improved more than any wrestler in the UK, has gone from flippy skinny boy to a fully fledged wrestler"

"Will be a top talent in the next 12-18 months hands down"

"tag team genius who works just as well alone, love those brotherly feuds"

Red Lightning

lightningc.jpg

"Finally gone to that next level, had personal problems which meant he left for two months, but the other 10 months have been excelent"

Wild Boar

babestation.jpg

"I love this gimmick, so intense, so aggressive, I'd just like to see him get more shots with the bigger guys rather than just battering the smaller ones. Boar vs Saint would be a good watch I think"

"Really good nasty looking fighter who maybe needs to find his own identity and move from the Sami Callihan/ Rhino/ Kevin Steen influences"

"phenomenal technical wrestler, as intense as they come. Testament to him that eventhough he is extremely short, his wrestling is so good, you hardly notice his lack of height"

Archived