MMA In Training Thread (Striking, Grappling)

ajmcstyles

Cheers Gaz. Watching the whole thing now.

R.I.C.E. nice method, the problem is that I train 5 days a week, I've had a bad knee for 6 weeks now due to a accident at work and its never getting time to rest. If I take more than 2 days off I get built up that I'm not training and annoyed at myself for being lazy.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Got my Gi and belt the gi is like wearing cardboard at the moment. People have just said cool wash it, but its still like cardboard. Just going to try and wear it in a little.

Im guessing you bought a relatively cheap one? There's no substitute for a high quality gi. They are quite expensive but with the amount of times you would get choked by them, there's nothing worse than coming away from a training session with a load of cardboard cuts on your throat.

As for not having time to rest. would it not be possible to have lighter training sessions or have sessions focussed purely on technique to allow more time of rest? Or alternatively use a different training methods so you don't feel lazy. Incorporate a light kettlebell so you can still have a great fitness session without messing your knee up.

I thought you did no-gi BJJ, aj?

I bought a gi to start training in gi Bjj too.

I bought a traditional blitz gi. blitz is usually a good brand I usually. I just need it breaking in or soaking it in bi carb over. Ice to de-starch it.

Worst thing is started warming up did my stretchs and suddenly my upper back/right shoulder blade was in right pain, like an electric shock. So I've trapped a nerve basically should be right over night but can't really rice the upper back haha

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not certain how much it cost since it was a sort of birthday present. A bunch of the guys from my gym sorted it out for a bunch of us to go up there. I did have to drive though so that as a bit crap. I was basically a seminar followed by rolling, then lunch, then another seminar then rolling again. It was basically ow to ro use Jiu Jitsu effectively in MMA, along with some Boxing and Muay Thai coaching as well. I didn't think my boxing was all that, but their coach was impressed which shocked me considering the fact that my stand up would be easily my weakest area.

Sounds good. What part of Birmingham is the gym in Rey? Might look into it. Was thinking UTC (where Vaughan Lee trains) but 10th Planet would be good to check out aswell.

http://www.10thplanetbirmingham.co.uk/ is the website I know it wasn't too far from the M5 and we all stayed in the Premier Inn which wasn't that far away. Because my coach knew one of the fellas, he knew about the 10th planet affiliation before it all became official.

• Paid Members

Cheers, looks really good. I don't think its that far from me either. I remember I read something about Elements MMA a few months back on Cage Warriors but didn't know it was linked to 10th Planet. It's a new gym isn't it? Think they only opened up this year.

Looks top notch though.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived