Ashingslam videos

rossthebassist

Hey all, last year we ran an event and have uploaded all the matches from the event to www.blip.tv/bhwa

some good bits, some bad bits as you would expect for a first timer running a show, its litterly my learning experiance putting on a show in 7 matches so feel free to watch.

some things to note, our referee dropped out 1 hour before bell, so we had to use replacements throughout the show who maybe didnt have enough experiance refereeing.

i reccomend Pefect Purdie Vs Lowthian, Caden Vs Micky The Mann and the Tripple Threat match for those intrested.

Thanks

This stuff was recorded nearly a year ago so whilst i appreciate constructive critique on the shows production, we have already evaluated most the negatives ourselves.

The wrestlers i couldnt ask anymore from them, in the situation they performed the best they could with each other so 100% props to all the guys in the show.

Sweet Jesus,

Watching that Draven match,

The other guy is working his right arm

Something happens around the 6:20, not sure what it is, but it's something

He switches arms halfway through the match

The Ref does a better job of selling the finish than Maven

Apart from that, clearly a 5 star match

• Paid Members
Sweet Jesus,

I think I was taught to always work the left before even taking a bump when I trained.

Sweet Jesus,

I think I was taught to always work the left before even taking a bump when I trained.

Maybe one his training sessions was in Mexico.

• Paid Members

Perhaps. Lucha training less 1: Work right arm. Lesson 2: Roll lots, bump less. Lesson 3: Get two friends to team with you, less chance of blowing. Trios baby.

Bless him, lol like i said, he tried! Everyones got to start somewhere.

Perhaps. Lucha training less 1: Work right arm. Lesson 2: Roll lots, bump less. Lesson 3: Get two friends to team with you, less chance of blowing. Trios baby.

Oh and they are both in T Shirts

Anyone got any constructive crit other than Dravens match we we already established as a poor one and the referees?

Yes, don't post matches online that you aren't proud to have promote your product and attract an audience.

I mean ideally don't book someone with 2 sessions worth of experience, have a battle royal instead or switch up and make two of your matches "tournament semi-finals" with the winners competing later in the evening to make up the gap in the card. Utilise the talent you have, rather than relying on someone who isn't trained. But if you really feel you must try to expose the business by using someone who clearly has no business being in there then don't *actually* publicise the fact by putting the evidence on the internet.

If an open heart surgeon was too ill to perform the operation I really don't think they'd let the guy who was 2 weeks into medical school do it instead! The example goes to extremes perhaps but it rings true. Someone with 2 lessons is never going to work to the standard that a paying audience deserves, and knowing that going in you chose to book him anyway.

It stinks of a mark playing at promoter putting on a show whatever the standard, without any actual intention to protect the business and enhance it's reputation in the area.

Oh and they are both in T Shirts

Anyone got any constructive crit other than Dravens match we we already established as a poor one and the referees?

Yes, don't post matches online that you aren't proud to have promote your product and attract an audience.

I mean ideally don't book someone with 2 sessions worth of experience, have a battle royal instead or switch up and make two of your matches "tournament semi-finals" with the winners competing later in the evening to make up the gap in the card. Utilise the talent you have, rather than relying on someone who isn't trained. But if you really feel you must try to expose the business by using someone who clearly has no business being in there then don't *actually* publicise the fact by putting the evidence on the internet.

If an open heart surgeon was too ill to perform the operation I really don't think they'd let the guy who was 2 weeks into medical school do it instead! The example goes to extremes perhaps but it rings true. Someone with 2 lessons is never going to work to the standard that a paying audience deserves, and knowing that going in you chose to book him anyway.

It stinks of a mark playing at promoter putting on a show whatever the standard, without any actual intention to protect the business and enhance it's reputation in the area.

Im proud of the show, and thought id share with people of like mind who wrestle, promote wrestling or are just in general fans of wrestling. if your issue is once again the draven match then im sorry you didnt enjoy it. overall i am proud of the show, the experiance of running the show, and even this little rant you just gave me its all constructive.

I dont need to expose the buissness, its been better exposed by people who have allot more views than my little show so i dont get why you think i personally am exposing the buissness. maybe put it down to inexperiance, he turned up with his opponent and they had worked a match out because the origonal guy pulled out. Every show has its good calls and bad calls, maybe mine was a bad call to let them go out for 10 mins and do there thing. maybe in future i should let them show me what they had planned and say yea or ney to them going out, but it is what it is and everyone just need to move on from slaggin the guy for trying...

I thank you for your comments tho, battle royal is a good idea for future note.

Archived