Ashingslam videos

rossthebassist

Wait, he'd only had TWO training sessions but you gave him and his opponent TEN minutes to work with???

see the other comments mate for the complete story, but ill give you timing breakdown they had 10 mins including Micky Cains mic time, and lowthians match build up for later in the show so match time was 5. with 5 for the other things, so whilst i did say 10mins im forgetting to be quite specific for you all.

To answer why Ross - people are alarmed that anyone running a show would use someone so inexperienced as either a referee or a talent in a match. Neither of those are bad ideas they are simply wrong on every level. I havent seen the videos, I am commenting on those aspects of this thread. If there are several good matches people will expect that, if there is a bad match people will jump all over it. Thats human nature and is amplified on places like this.

Its naive to think that posting any stuff isnt going to bring around negative comments, let alone stuff with an untrained ref and untrained talent. The fact that next time you will look at it first suggests you havent learnt as next time you should just say "How many shows has he worked? None, well I will give it a miss then and use someone with experience."

I am not making these comments to be negative or to have a go at you but there isnt much in the other posts than anyone should disagree with. I am not saying dont be proud of the show, but dont be baffled when people question crazy decisions that result in using untrained performers or a match failing to entertain. Hope this all makes sense and resonates with you a little.

To answer why Ross - people are alarmed that anyone running a show would use someone so inexperienced as either a referee or a talent in a match. Neither of those are bad ideas they are simply wrong on every level. I havent seen the videos, I am commenting on those aspects of this thread. If there are several good matches people will expect that, if there is a bad match people will jump all over it. Thats human nature and is amplified on places like this.

Its naive to think that posting any stuff isnt going to bring around negative comments, let alone stuff with an untrained ref and untrained talent. The fact that next time you will look at it first suggests you havent learnt as next time you should just say "How many shows has he worked? None, well I will give it a miss then and use someone with experience."

I am not making these comments to be negative or to have a go at you but there isnt much in the other posts than anyone should disagree with. I am not saying dont be proud of the show, but dont be baffled when people question crazy decisions that result in using untrained performers or a match failing to entertain. Hope this all makes sense and resonates with you a little.

Yours is the most constructive comment i have had, and once again i thank everyone for taking time to comment.

With the referees i was in a bind, the booked referee dropped out..... so we asked the wrestlers, 1 guy stepped up to ref but he didnt want to do the whole show, as for the 2nd ref, using an untrained referee wasnt my first thought and people are acting like it was, i would ask rather than people jumping on an untrained referee, tell me what they would have done in that situation those are the types of comments i was expecting, pass down knowledge / share experiances.

as for the draven thing it is a lesson learnd but you have to make the mistake to learn from it sometimes, i took the word of the talent and the lesson learnd is dont do that.

as for a dvd release no, dont think i will be releasing a dvd lol i posted the matches for free online and talent that requested a dvd because they felt there match was good wil get one but other than that the matches are free to watch online.

Im proud of the show, and thought id share with people of like mind who wrestle, promote wrestling or are just in general fans of wrestling. if your issue is once again the draven match then im sorry you didnt enjoy it. overall i am proud of the show, the experiance of running the show, and even this little rant you just gave me its all constructive.

I dont need to expose the buissness, its been better exposed by people who have allot more views than my little show so i dont get why you think i personally am exposing the buissness. maybe put it down to inexperiance, he turned up with his opponent and they had worked a match out because the origonal guy pulled out. Every show has its good calls and bad calls, maybe mine was a bad call to let them go out for 10 mins and do there thing. maybe in future i should let them show me what they had planned and say yea or ney to them going out, but it is what it is and everyone just need to move on from slaggin the guy for trying...

I thank you for your comments tho, battle royal is a good idea for future note.

Like fye, I haven't watched any of the matches so please don't think for a second that this has to do with whether or not I 'enjoyed' the show.

My issue is that you used someone who has only had two training sessions. That is ridiculous, and could have resulted in he or his opponent getting injured. The fact you charged

Yours is the most constructive comment i have had, and once again i thank everyone for taking time to comment.

With the referees i was in a bind, the booked referee dropped out..... so we asked the wrestlers, 1 guy stepped up to ref but he didnt want to do the whole show, as for the 2nd ref, using an untrained referee wasnt my first thought and people are acting like it was, i would ask rather than people jumping on an untrained referee, tell me what they would have done in that situation those are the types of comments i was expecting, pass down knowledge / share experiances.

as for the draven thing it is a lesson learnd but you have to make the mistake to learn from it sometimes, i took the word of the talent and the lesson learnd is dont do that.

as for a dvd release no, dont think i will be releasing a dvd lol i posted the matches for free online and talent that requested a dvd because they felt there match was good wil get one but other than that the matches are free to watch online.

Obviously my suggestions would be without the benefit of knowing what went on on that day. If lads were being paid (the pricing of tickets suggests they werent) then as the boss you make the call to get someone to do it. I pay our lads and if we had nobody to ref I would have to make the final call and direct someone to do it. Its different when lads arent being paid as you have little sway over them. In that case I would have thought you would ref. I am pretty sure you have trained with CRW and would have more experience and insight than a punter in a CM Punk shirt. I know that doesnt sound as constructive but that would be my input. While there are many far more experienced than I am I am always on hand if you want any advice Ross and I am only down the road if you need any help that I can provide.

Im proud of the show, and thought id share with people of like mind who wrestle, promote wrestling or are just in general fans of wrestling. if your issue is once again the draven match then im sorry you didnt enjoy it. overall i am proud of the show, the experiance of running the show, and even this little rant you just gave me its all constructive.

I dont need to expose the buissness, its been better exposed by people who have allot more views than my little show so i dont get why you think i personally am exposing the buissness. maybe put it down to inexperiance, he turned up with his opponent and they had worked a match out because the origonal guy pulled out. Every show has its good calls and bad calls, maybe mine was a bad call to let them go out for 10 mins and do there thing. maybe in future i should let them show me what they had planned and say yea or ney to them going out, but it is what it is and everyone just need to move on from slaggin the guy for trying...

I thank you for your comments tho, battle royal is a good idea for future note.

Like fye, I haven't watched any of the matches so please don't think for a second that this has to do with whether or not I 'enjoyed' the show.

My issue is that you used someone who has only had two training sessions. That is ridiculous, and could have resulted in he or his opponent getting injured. The fact you charged

90% of promoters/people that post their "work" on here have absolutely no interest in constructive critique, and to say so is a bunch of BS.

The number of times someone has posted similar shitheap videos and then whined when someone's dared to say something bad about them is quite frankly embarassing.

What's probably worse is the fact that I can't get my head around what they were expecting in the first place. I mean does it mean they actually think what they are posting is GOOD? Because that's even worse.

the club made a profit thanks, but without understanding the reason the show was booked you have no right to make that comment.

The show was ran by the social club, I used friends from CRW for ring and talent because id worked sound for there shows,and they wanted to help out, whilst this was my frist show from a booking standpoint it wasnt the crews first show.

The club paid for the talent, the club made money from the door and bar sales and turned a profit, so understand how money is made / who was making the money before you comment on that.

as for draven, yes I did let the guy go out, and the responsibility for that was MINE 100% no excuses, i can tell you the reasoning for making the call untill im blue in the face but at the end of the day i should of declined, i didn't. move on already.

Its funny to think that if i didnt post his match or mention it this thread could have possibly been very different, or maybe somthing else would have caught peoples attention, and you wanna talk about whos the mark? im not bashing anyone, i came here looking for constructive critique, and draven seems to be it... so in a sense i am happy.

if you actually want to watch any of the matches and give feedback on stuff then go for it, i welcome it... but your self admition that you have not watched the show, shows me that you just wanna mix it up and stir the pot a bit... so thumbs up for that :)

I'm glad you're willing to admit that you shouldn't have used an untrained worker. As for looking to 'stir the pot' that's just an easy way to sit and dismiss what I'm saying as an attempt to troll you. It's not. I haven't watched the match, but I don't need to see someone shaving with a kitchen knife to tell them it's a bad idea.

And yes, it's funny to think that if you didn't post his match or mention it this thread could have possibly been very different. Maybe that was my initial point. Don't publicise anything that makes your booking or company look bad. You could have put up all the good matches and got a very very different reaction but you didn't and are now defensive because you're getting criticised for using untrained workers.

Lastly, all this stuff about the social club making money is neither here nor there I said that YOU weren't interested in making money and clearly you weren't because the social club asked you to do a show and you jumped at the chance. You could have contacted a local promoter in the area, and got them on board but instead you did it yourself and drafted in another companies talent pool because you were friends with them.

90% of promoters/people that post their "work" on here have absolutely no interest in constructive critique, and to say so is a bunch of BS.

The number of times someone has posted similar shitheap videos and then whined when someone's dared to say something bad about them is quite frankly embarassing.

What's probably worse is the fact that I can't get my head around what they were expecting in the first place. I mean does it mean they actually think what they are posting is GOOD? Because that's even worse.

helps if the people commenting on it (not nessicerily you) had 1 watched the vids, and 2 not pulled apart the video that in the opening post was already the self admitted rubbish.

if you have seen the vids, sorry you didnt enjoy them, let me know in a pm what you didnt like and ill pass the comments onto the guys in those particuler matches..

i posted for critique, if you belive it or not thats up to you, and i posted on ukff because it was reccomended.

and i expected the draven match to get the bad stuff which is why i posted in the OP, to try and detract away, if people know its the bad match they wont crap on it too much. exactly the opposite happened, funny that lol

the club made a profit thanks, but without understanding the reason the show was booked you have no right to make that comment.

The show was ran by the social club, I used friends from CRW for ring and talent because id worked sound for there shows,and they wanted to help out, whilst this was my frist show from a booking standpoint it wasnt the crews first show.

The club paid for the talent, the club made money from the door and bar sales and turned a profit, so understand how money is made / who was making the money before you comment on that.

as for draven, yes I did let the guy go out, and the responsibility for that was MINE 100% no excuses, i can tell you the reasoning for making the call untill im blue in the face but at the end of the day i should of declined, i didn't. move on already.

Its funny to think that if i didnt post his match or mention it this thread could have possibly been very different, or maybe somthing else would have caught peoples attention, and you wanna talk about whos the mark? im not bashing anyone, i came here looking for constructive critique, and draven seems to be it... so in a sense i am happy.

if you actually want to watch any of the matches and give feedback on stuff then go for it, i welcome it... but your self admition that you have not watched the show, shows me that you just wanna mix it up and stir the pot a bit... so thumbs up for that :)

I'm glad you're willing to admit that you shouldn't have used an untrained worker. As for looking to 'stir the pot' that's just an easy way to sit and dismiss what I'm saying as an attempt to troll you. It's not. I haven't watched the match, but I don't need to see someone shaving with a kitchen knife to tell them it's a bad idea.

And yes, it's funny to think that if you didn't post his match or mention it this thread could have possibly been very different. Maybe that was my initial point. Don't publicise anything that makes your booking or company look bad. You could have put up all the good matches and got a very very different reaction but you didn't and are now defensive because you're getting criticised for using untrained workers.

Lastly, all this stuff about the social club making money is neither here nor there I said that YOU weren't interested in making money and clearly you weren't because the social club asked you to do a show and you jumped at the chance. You could have contacted a local promoter in the area, and got them on board but instead you did it yourself and drafted in another companies talent pool because you were friends with them.

Valid point on the kicthen knife

Constructive in not posting anything that looks bad, Draven match shortly to be removed.

whilst we are on good terms for the moment let me tell you the story about how it came about.

Im on the club commitee, long story is the club commitee wanted a boxing show or MMA show, no one knew where to get a ring and they asked me about wrestling rings being used for boxing rings because they knew i knew CRW. It then got turned into a wrestling show, and was my job to book it (voted by the commitee) it was suggested to just pay for a promoter to come in book the show and our hands would be clean, i dont know why that didnt happen come the next meeting it was passed that i book the show. yey.

so i contacted the folks at crw, got the help i needed got the guys pays arranged and at the next meeting they decided on ticket prices etc etc etc.

so as for me not wanting to make money, on the contry, making money was right at the front of it. its just different when the money being made dosnt come directly from ticket sales, but the money generated from all the sources.

im only being a little defensive of dravens match ;)

• Paid Members

A funny story I have (well, at least I find it funny) regarding this event doesn't actually involve the promoter himself, but a local community radio station that was starting up in Ashington / Bedlington at the time.

A fellow presenter on there (yes, I was involved, briefly) heard about the event and said that perhaps "we should get in touch, and cross promote, have a presence at the event and in turn plug the show on the station. Not sure if they did, but this wasn't a bad idea.

He continued, perhaps we could get involved with the show (er.......treading on thin ice here)

and then he followed with "I think I could get the crowd going, I've seen it on telly".

It was naturally at this point I told some of semi-pro wrestler mates, who laughed their heads off!

Ross, did any radio stations get in touch with you re: this event, or was he just speaking hot air?

Things I would suggest would be to use a referee with some experience. He botched a LOT of stuff, even match finishes. Not his fault, he just shouldn't have been doing it because I'm literally cringing at some stuff.

I'd also suggest having LESS matches. Using guys with a couple training seminars behind their belt isn't going to do anything for a show. I'd also never book a random handicap match. It was daft booking wise and makes the more experienced in the match look wasted.

Give the more experienced wrestlers you used more time and just simply don't use barely trained guys, or keep it to a couple minutes MAXIMUM if your going to do it, trying to please people and cram guys on.

The film quality and angles are really nice Kudos for putting on a show with some decent matches and guys, just learn for the better next time.

Archived