Former WWE Tag Team Champion passes away.

Pier Six Brawler

• Paid Members

He was a bit of a prick by all accounts. I doubt HTM and Bobby Heenan agree on much; but neither had anything good to say about Strongbow

He was older than I thought. Normally it's the other way round with these wrestler deaths and I'm surprised how young they were.

Two key Strongbow memories: The Tattanka headdress angle and the episod of Nitro where noone gave ashit that he was there

By the same token though a lot of the Mid-Atlantic guys wouldn't/haven't gotten much reaction when they are wheeled out on Raw/SmackDown! (which is a shame because they had some great talent).

Mostly remember him from guys like Lou Albano and Gorilla Monsoon talking about him and wasn't a big fan of what I've seen of his matches but I expect him to get a decent tribute on this week's TV he was definitely one of those old WWWF guys like Mr Fuji who McMahon must have liked a lot to have kept him around that long post-retirement as a road agent and also involved him in a few angles now and again (like with Tatanka). IIRC he was supposedly one of the backstage guys who backed Razor Ramon and Diesel getting a big push in '93-'94. Even post-retirement WWF/E always seemed to make a big deal out of pointing him out in the crowd.

RIP

Ho
(or a clip of them, anyway, from his first "YouShoot").

Yeah, but Honky doesn't like anyone. How often do you hear a clip from Honky where he goes "That <blank>, he was a real nice guy, always treated me well, great worker."

Archived