TNA's Greatest Matches

Forrest

Anyone been watching the TNA Greatest Matches show that's been on every weeknight for the last 2/3 weeks on the Extreme Sports channel?

This week we've had Angle vs. Wolfe, most hardcore matches, best of Samoa Joe and best of RVD. First 2 were great, the other 2 not so much mainly because RVD's been on autopilot since he left WWE and it's Samoa bloody Joe.

Anyway, heads up for everyone that this is on Monday - Friday. Wrestling every night of the week!

Oh come on, Joe has had some fucking stormers in TNA. He hasn't been much good for the past few years obviously, but from his debut up until about 2008 he was throwing out quality matches every other week.

I caught a bit of Abyss vs. Mick Foley from one Bound For Glory (I forget which one) and remembered how shit that feud was. Mick Foley really was awful in TNA wasn't he, and pairing him up with Abyss didn't help.

I feel like I'm enjoying Joe like we enjoyed Big Barry Windham in the New Blackjacks - short nostalgic bursts of fat action but a recognition that his best years were behind him.

• Moderators

Barry Windham's best years are still ahead of him. I just know it. Anyway, we all also love the New Blackjacks because their theme was ace. I walk up and down the landing lifting my arm and throwing the longhorn while making that awesome noise Blackjack Bradshaw and Stan Hansen before him did.

New Blackjacks' great theme

This show has been on for longer than a few weeks, it's been on for months, on and off. I certainly wouldn't call half the matches that come on the show as 'Great' in any way, but I don't watch much TNA so it may well be the greatest they've had.

Archived