Preston City Wrestling - Never Give Up 21/04/2012

fludder99

Finally got the shots up from the last show - full set of SpringSlam photos.A few highlights to tempt anyone sat on the fence about tomorrow's show - the nightclub (I vote we call it the PCW Arena from now onwards) is a superb little venue, more intimate than the stadium/gym venues, but a lot more classy than the WMCs.6950911716_700e44d727_z.jpgT-Bone hits Bubblegum hard onto the ring apron by Tim R-T-C, on Flickr

That was an absolutely brutal powerbomb to the apron, looked very nasty from the other side of the ring, let alone where you have taken the shot. It was no wonder that people were concerned after, even though Bubblegum was playing Possum.PCW Arena? Puhlease.... It is it's own entity, no need to be copying failed US promotions of old ;) Lava/Ignite/Toke's is more than acceptable :)
bloody fool didnt even tell me he was faking an injury lol

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick Results

Lionheart def Joey Hayes

Andy Wild, Scott Maverick, Liam Thomson, Davey Blaze, Chris Rampage & Stevie Xavier def Kris Travis, Mad Man Manson, The M.O.B, Bubblegum and CJ Banks

Noam Dar def Dave Mastiff

BT Gunn def Kid Fite to retain the PBW title

Shaun 'The Hammer' Davis basically destroyed 5 trainee wrestlers

Dave Rayne won the 30 man Royal Rumble

This really was a cracking show and probably the best PCW show i've attended, which says alot after the show they put on in Feb!

Dave Rayne tweeting while he was under the ring amused me! I really have to try and get myself to a PCW show one day. I have been saying it for a while now, but the talent alone looks great and I haven't heard anything bad about these shows.

What do you honestly reckon, worth the 5 and a half hour megabus journey each way? I would make a night of out and stay up there and hopefully bring a mate or 2 with me.

• Paid Members
Dave Rayne tweeting while he was under the ring amused me! I really have to try and get myself to a PCW show one day. I have been saying it for a while now, but the talent alone looks great and I haven't heard anything bad about these shows.

What do you honestly reckon, worth the 5 and a half hour megabus journey each way? I would make a night of out and stay up there and hopefully bring a mate or 2 with me.

Well worth it, can't fault last nights show it was probably the most fun show I've ever been to. Booking in the rumble was fantastic, new faces, about a dozen angles, Dave rayne tweeting under the ring, voodoo dancing to YMCA, Mastiff killing people ans Des getting the biggest pop of the night :thumbsup:

Aye, it was an excellent show all round. PCW continues to go from strength to strength. Was odd though with so many regulars missing for one reason and another. Pretty much stayed by the DJ Booth all night. Which was great because had a fantastic view.

Lionheart vs Joey Hayes was a great opener really enjoyable match

Team PBW vs PCW was great, comedy agogo with some cracking wrestling chucked in. Mad Man Manson switching sides halfway through and then the 'derriere' spot with CJ Banks, means Ive seen more of Manson and Banks than I ever want to see. Bubblegum being a git all night was also fantastic.

Noam Dar vs Dave Mastiff, was match of the night for a few people I spoke to. Dave was in monstorous form and completely battered the crap out of Noam, Including a Senton and then a hefty looking flip into a downed Dar in the corner.

BT Gunn vs Kid Fite, was a quality bout, BT Gunn elicited a good few number of Jeff Hardy chants. Great match and they pretty much destroyed three rows of chairs nearest the bar, with a few chairs getting destroyed Seasider's was among the chairs to get 'put down' in the line of fire. PCW should really have 'I survived the front row at PCW' Tees for sale.

The Hammer vs the rest of the world, erm I mean the 5 on 1. Was a classic squash. The One Direction chants were also very funny as well.

The Rumble. Total class from start to finish. Dave Rayne starting at number one, and then tweeting half way through, under the ring was cracking addition. Entrants included Dave Rayne, Mikey Whiplash (In drag again), Ruffneck, Keith Myatt, CJ Banks, El Ruffneckio (Who definitely wasn't Ruffneck and came out to El Ligero's music iirc) Kriss Travis , Joey Hayes (when they were in the ring, elicited a you look the same based chant :) ) Kay Lee Ray and Carmel and then Manson beating stuff out Dave Rayne was great. Voodoo's YMCA was a nice riff on the Thriller stuff, Lionheart, Mastiff, G-Man, Mothman, Shaun The Hammer, Dave Mastiff, Bubblegum, Little Davey (At least i think it was him), Blackpool Blondes, Red Dragon? and various others made it an absolute joy, but the best was kept til last DES, DES DES! at number 30, what could have been? :( Dave Rayne winning though was superb.

T-Bone vs Dave Rayne. T-Bone had appeared earlier in the night, clearly he has an injured hand (broken fingers?) But still managed to defend his title. Poor Old Dave Rayne didnt know what hit him in a very very quick title match.

Great Show all in

Couple of things that were disappointing is the bar 'ran out' of beer. :devil: First went the Stella 4% and then the Bud 66, (they would only sell beer at 3.50 if you really pushed the barmen, i guess they were holding back for the rest of the night when it opened as a night club) so it was down to drinking VK Orange at the end of the night. Second was the lack of regulars :( Still, cant wait for Guild Wars on June the 2nd

P.S It was nice to see a few of the guys wearing Black Arm Bands in tribute to Dom ( at least I assume that's what it was for)

The 'Yes, Yes, Yes' chant doesn't really work at PCW. When one of the most over of all the people there, the ref, is called Des.. It just sounded like people were chanting for Des all night. Nowt wrong with that like. but it was very surreal

The 'Yes, Yes, Yes' chant doesn't really work at PCW. When one of the most over of all the people there, the ref, is called Des.. It just sounded like people were chanting for Des all night. Nowt wrong with that like. but it was very surreal

What about Ci! Ci! Ci!

Ligs and El Ruffneckio, would corner the world market for that chant :thumbsup:

• Paid Members

What about Ci! Ci! Ci!

Ligs and El Ruffneckio, would corner the world market for that chant :thumbsup:

The 'Aye,Aye,Aye' chant for Noam Dar was a cracker as well

Who was the 5 guys that the hammer beat?

One Direction (according to some people in the crowd)

The five guys the Hammer beat were all trainees from XWA and RWA. Ironically, after the One Direction Chants, 2 of them are the tag team 2 Dimension, who come out to a One Direction track at Futureshock!

My own personal opinion, the more shows I go to, the more I think Dave Rayne is our best all rounder! Not as great a wrestler as Trav or Lionheart maybe, but the way he can play serious and comedy is brilliant. How he keeps a straight face with Manson, Sam, Whippy, Voodoo etc is beyond me. Even Nigel McGuinness couldn't stop from laughing with the first 2! Live Tweeting from under the ring was genius. And seriously, who else could have played the role he did?

Other great stuff, Noam went for 5 minutes before a move was done at the start of his match, and it was entertaining. Dave Mastiff is a freak! For someone that big to flip like a cruiserweight is unreal!

Lionheart vs Joey was amazing, as you'd expect. Lionheart tries so hard to be a heel, but the matches he's given, everyone wants to cheer him!

PBW title match was cracking, good to see Kid Fite live in a singles match, and BT Gunn won the crowd over very quickly.

The PCW vs PBW match was genius. The end worked a lot better with just 4 wrestlers, and better for it to look like everyone had gone off fighting than having 8 guys lying round the ring for the whole ending. Bubblegum established himself as one of the top heels both here and in the Rumble.

Probably need to do a whole other post to go over the good stuff from the Rumble itself!

Archived