UKFF FIFA 12 PS3 League: Season Two

TUFCfan

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Report from earlier:

Torquay 2 - 1 Middlesbrough

Another hard earned victory for the Gulls against a Boro side that looked nothing like a team that were bottom of the league. Both sides had chances early on with Akinfeev having to save a header from a Boro corner and Samuel Eto'o hit the crossbar with a shot from outside the box. At the other end Pazzini missed two good chances for Torquay, including putting a diving header just wide. It was Torquay who opened the scoring in the 38th minute when a well-placed through ball found Pazzini who coolly finished. After coming close several times in the first half, Boro equalised in injury time in slightly fortuitous fashion when Eto'o's shot hit a defender's outstretched leg and looped up, and although Akinfeev managed to get a hand on it and tip it up he was off balance and Eto'o nodded home before the 'keeper could recover. Boro deserved the equaliser though and would have felt hard done by if they went in behind.

At the beginning of the half Torquay regained the lead straight from the kickoff. Di Natale played the ball through to Nasri who finished well to regain the lead for the Gulls in a crazy three goals in ten minutes either side of the half. Boro perhaps had the better of the rest of the half and won a penalty in the 73rd minute when a defender just caught Eto'o when he was shooting in the box and once the effort went over the ref pointed to the spot. Franck Ribery stepped up to take it but his effort was too close to Akinfeev who palmed the ball out to be cleared to safety. Boro pressed for an equaliser and were camped in the Torquay half in injury time and almost scored when Eto'o's bicycle kick was aimed straight at Akinfeev. Torquay held on though to claim all three points when on another day they could have come away with nothing. More performances like that could see Boro rise up the table.

Torquay scorers: Pazzini (38'), Nasri (47')

Middlesbrough scorer: Eto'o (45')

Brisbane will be about on Sunday to play their games or possibly for a bit on Friday and Saturday evenings.......

A very slow Transfer Window this one. 2 Transfers almost complete. Just awaiting confirmation from one of the teams involved.......

Manchester United 1 Messi

Liverpool 5 Forlan, Forlan, Forlan, Pique, Remy

Liverpool prevailed in style in the battle between the top 2. The merseysiders were looking to ensure Man Utd didn't race away with a 3-0 lead like they did in the return fixture which Liverpool managed to somehow claw back. Liverpool from the offset took the game to the Red Devils earning a penalty with their 1st attack. Hulk stepped up but his tame penalty was easily saved by Julio Cesar. Liverpool created another 4 clear cut chances within the 1st 15 minutes which they either wasted or were denied by an inspired Julio Cesar. Forlan gave the scousers the lead with a strike from outside the box. Man Utd attacked straight from the restart and earned themselves a penalty which Messi duly despatched. Liverpool however didn't get too disheartened and continued to press and harass the home team and regained the lead after some neat interchanges led to Remy finishing emphatically.

The 2nd half was more of the same as Liverpool surprisingly seemed to create chances at will which they didn't expect at all to happen. The Liverpool strikers were guilty of some woeful finishing especially as they were attacking with style and vigour. The 3rd goal came from an unlikely source with centre back Gerard Pique finding himself in the box to cross and the ball was bundled home across the line and the goal credited to the stylish defender. Forlan extended the advantage after some nifty footwork wrongfooting both Luisao and David Luiz to slot home and then completed his hat trick with an easy finish. Manchester United pose the biggest theat to Liverpool's title challenge but were unusually lacklustre and devoid of inspiration. The stats told the story at the end of the game with Manchester United passing accuracy at 58% and keeper Julio Cesar was rated the best Man Utd player with a rating of 9.2 despite conceding 5 goals.

This was probably the best I have ever played on any FIFA game. CW/Mark Please! is a great player and given me tough games in the past but I seemed to create chances with every attack and everything I attempted to do attacking wise came off spectacularly.

Been deadlines week for me so thats why I haven't been about as much plus I was at the derby so Wednesday was a drunken mess of a day for me. I'll have the Golden Boot standings updated on Monday now probably and just do two weeks at once.

Brisbane will be about on Sunday to play some games either side of the FA Cup game.

Manchester United 1 Messi

Liverpool 5 Forlan, Forlan, Forlan, Pique, Remy

Liverpool prevailed in style in the battle between the top 2. The merseysiders were looking to ensure Man Utd didn't race away with a 3-0 lead like they did in the return fixture which Liverpool managed to somehow claw back. Liverpool from the offset took the game to the Red Devils earning a penalty with their 1st attack. Hulk stepped up but his tame penalty was easily saved by Julio Cesar. Liverpool created another 4 clear cut chances within the 1st 15 minutes which they either wasted or were denied by an inspired Julio Cesar. Forlan gave the scousers the lead with a strike from outside the box. Man Utd attacked straight from the restart and earned themselves a penalty which Messi duly despatched. Liverpool however didn't get too disheartened and continued to press and harass the home team and regained the lead after some neat interchanges led to Remy finishing emphatically.

The 2nd half was more of the same as Liverpool surprisingly seemed to create chances at will which they didn't expect at all to happen. The Liverpool strikers were guilty of some woeful finishing especially as they were attacking with style and vigour. The 3rd goal came from an unlikely source with centre back Gerard Pique finding himself in the box to cross and the ball was bundled home across the line and the goal credited to the stylish defender. Forlan extended the advantage after some nifty footwork wrongfooting both Luisao and David Luiz to slot home and then completed his hat trick with an easy finish. Manchester United pose the biggest theat to Liverpool's title challenge but were unusually lacklustre and devoid of inspiration. The stats told the story at the end of the game with Manchester United passing accuracy at 58% and keeper Julio Cesar was rated the best Man Utd player with a rating of 9.2 despite conceding 5 goals.

This was probably the best I have ever played on any FIFA game. CW/Mark Please! is a great player and given me tough games in the past but I seemed to create chances with every attack and everything I attempted to do attacking wise came off spectacularly.

Yeah you played awesome, I guess it didn't help that fact that I was falling asleep playing. There is going to come a time when I finally beat you in a tourney and it will be sweet revenge, I didn't even deserve a 5-1 loss, I deserved to lose by 20+ I was lucky Julio Cesar was good.

It could of been the biggest score in a UKFF tourney, thankfully that never happened. Grrr, I hate Liverpool.

The Pique goal was an own goal really, it was a damn fluke how the ball went in, it was a pass that hit Pique, hit my defender then went in Julio Cesar should of done better! as for the 2 penalties, we should have both had red cards but some how got yellows instead. Weird match, worst i've played in months, I'm playing shit.

Archived