UKFF FIFA 12 PS3 League: Season Two

TUFCfan

The updated fixtures should hopefully be published tomorrow morning. It's taken a while as it's been hard to come up with a set of fixtures that doesn't have a fixture that's happened in the last week or so but I've tried to put the fixtures with least repeats from the last couple of weeks first.

Free Agency: David Hoilett picked up for Matt Jarvis

Thought you might pick him ;)

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it possible to throw in a little cup competition during the second half of the season to keep everyone interested. With only 12 teams it would mean 4 teams recieving a bye and the remaining 8 being drawn in 4 seperate games. After that round of games we would have 8 teams left in a usual knockout format. If so, i would keep it to one off games with the final being our season closer. Thoughts?

Is it possible to throw in a little cup competition during the second half of the season to keep everyone interested. With only 12 teams it would mean 4 teams recieving a bye and the remaining 8 being drawn in 4 seperate games. After that round of games we would have 8 teams left in a usual knockout format. If so, i would keep it to one off games with the final being our season closer. Thoughts?

Sounds a good idea, however i'd have the semi finals over 2 legs though.

The new second set of fixtures has been added and can be seen below. Full amended fixtures will be posted later. The change now means we're due do finish a week earlier, so maybe the cup will be viable depending on interest, though two legged games will be difficult as you can't go directly to extra time/penalties if the second match ends in a win to one side.

Week 7 (Monday 12th March -> Sunday 18th March)

Arsenal v Torquay

Liverpool v Brisbane Roar

Man Utd v Aston Villa

Middlesbrough v Bohemians

Norwich v Wolves

Aston Villa v Wolves

Bohemians v Fiorentina

Everton v Torquay

Man Utd v Liverpool

Middlesbrough v Arsenal

Norwich v Brisbane Roar

Week 6 remainders:

Aston Villa v Brisbane Roar

Fiorentina v Aston Villa

Torquay v Middlesbrough

Week 5 remainders (last week for these):

Arsenal v Fiorentina

Week 6 remainders:

Aston Villa v Brisbane Roar

TUFCFan, this has been played! Although, I can understand why you missed it with the recent controversy and re-jiggling required yet again!

Aston Villa 2 - 2 Brisbane Roar Ibrahimovic, Gamiero

Podolski

Falcao

An action packed game that saw Brisbane extend their winless streak to 6 games but at least they managed to arrest the losing streak. They were the better side on the whole and created 14 chances in total compared to Villa's 5. Poor finishing and good goalkeeping meant that they were unable to take the full 3 points but the performance should hopefully see a return to form. Twice they were in front but twice Villa pegged them back. There are rumours that Brisbane are looking for a change at centre back with big tackler Alessandro Next (86) apparently available to trade for a centre back rated 8 and above!

Any takers?

Archived