Week 4 remainders:

Middlesbrough v Fiorentina

Norwich v Arsenal

Bohemians v Brisbane Roar

Week 3 remainders (last week for these):

Norwich v Fiorentina

Fiorentina v Bohemians

Notes:

The table has been updated and is on the first post.

After last week's UKFF English Supercl

Torquay Utd 0

Liverpool 4 Forlan x 3, Pastore

Liverpool kept up their recent fine form with a 4-0 victory over a spirited Torquay Utd. Liverpool shaded a competitive 1st half going 1-0 ahead thanks mainly to the defensive duo of Sergio Ramos and Gerard Pique who kept repelling the Torquay front line. Liverpool took control in the 2nd half and could have scored more if it wasn't for the goalkeeping heroics of the Torquay stopper (Akinfeev?). Liverpool have now recorded their 4th successive clean sheet and look to be going from strength to strength in defence of boss carmella's title.

Torquay Utd 0

Liverpool 4 Forlan x 3, Pastore

Liverpool kept up their recent fine form with a 4-0 victory over a spirited Torquay Utd. Liverpool shaded a competitive 1st half going 1-0 ahead thanks mainly to the defensive duo of Sergio Ramos and Gerard Pique who kept repelling the Torquay front line. Liverpool took control in the 2nd half and could have scored more if it wasn't for the goalkeeping heroics of the Torquay stopper (Akinfeev?). Liverpool have now recorded their 4th successive clean sheet and look to be going from strength to strength in defence of boss carmella's title.

A fairly even first half with few clear cut chances, but you just edged it as you say. The goal game in the 28th minute when a one-two between Liverpool's front players left an easy finish for Forlan. Liverpool had a decent chance earlier when Forlan blazed an effort over the bar. Torquay also had a reasonable chance when Pazzini's effort just went wide of the post. Other than that, both sides defended well.

There was a connection problem just before half time and when the game restarted both teams looked like different sides with Torquay looking nervous and couldn't string too many passes together and Liverpool started to dominate and show their class. The second goal came in the 48th minute when a foul on the edge of the box led to a free kick, which was expertly dispatched by Forlan into the top corner. Liverpool scored a third in slightly fortuitous circumstances when a goal kick was powerfully headed back by a defender and gave the Torquay defence no chance as it went straight through and Javier Pastore scored with an easy finish. Igor Akinfeev made some superb saves throughout the half but couldn't stop Forlan completing his hatrick late on in a deserved win for Liverpool.

Liverpool scorers: Forlan (28', 48', 88'), Pastore (63')

Brisbane Roar 1 - 1 Wolves Bent (1)

Ozil (1)

entertaining match witch could have ended 10 - 10.

Very close game. Both sides hit the post and missed chances that they would've otherwise taken in another game. A fair result in the end but like Mr Countrywwfc says it could've and should've been a higher scoring draw....14 shots apiece. I really enjoy our games mate. Very evenly matched and always a battle.

wmxxx and Lawz - when's best for you boys?

Brisbane Roar 1 - 1 Wolves Bent (1)

Ozil (1)

entertaining match witch could have ended 10 - 10.

Very close game. Both sides hit the post and missed chances that they would've otherwise taken in another game. A fair result in the end but like Mr Countrywwfc says it could've and should've been a higher scoring draw....14 shots apiece. I really enjoy our games mate. Very evenly matched and always a battle.

wmxxx and Lawz - when's best for you boys?

Just to add to this - Ozil's goal was a fucking belter. I was gutted to gift Wolves their equaliser when my keeper cleared the ball straight at Bent in the area but after the chances that were missed that weren't taken I think I got off quite lightly.

Just to add to this - Ozil's goal was a fucking belter. I was gutted to gift Wolves their equaliser when my keeper cleared the ball straight at Bent in the area but after the chances that were missed that weren't taken I think I got off quite lightly.

yeah bent goal was lucky as fuck.

did u save Ozil's goal coz it was class.

Archived