UFC on FX: Miller vs. Guillard

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
The eastman fight was a sloppy kickboxing match.. nothing special.. the FIGHT of the night was Barry/Morecraft

Regardless of what kind of fight it was, it was entertaining. The criteria for FOTN bonus is an entertaining fight.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

how the fuck did Barry-Morecraft get FOTN? it was fun while it lasted but the 3 round war between Eason & Papazian was by far the fight of the night, great 3 round slugfest.

few thoughts:

* Melvin Guillard looked like a million bucks again until he made one mistake. Guillard is a weird fighter, ive never known any top level fighter who just chokes at the first sign of danger, Melvin just seems unable to fight through adversity. Typical Miller.

* Nick Denis elbow finish was brutal. Highlight reel shit, he looks a great addition to the roster.

* Speaking of good additions, Khabib Nurmagomedov looked the business at 155. Weird striker who at times looked sharp, then at other would look completely wild. Most impressively was the way he controlled Shalorous though, he out-wrestled the wrestler. I aways suspect that there's a ton of untapped talent in Russia, it kind of has it's own MMA scene that get overlooked by most MMA fans.

* Barry/Morecraft - im pretty sure the UFC got the result it wanted, how can they not want Pat Barry on the roster? great little comeback from him, and nice to see him fight off a few submissions. That KO was brutal though, Morecraft got smashed. Barry planking was great.

* So cool to see Jorge Rivera go out with a win too. If he'd come out earlier saying it would be his last fight i think the UFC might have matched him up with a striker but it was still cool to see him pull it out. He's been in some epic battles and it's nice to see him go out on top.

The eastman fight was a sloppy kickboxing match.. nothing special.. the FIGHT of the night was Barry/Morecraft

Regardless of what kind of fight it was, it was entertaining. The criteria for FOTN bonus is an entertaining fight.

To me Barry and Morecraft using the whole game of MMA with kickboxing, BJJ and wrestling is alot more entertaining then two kickboxers not hurting each other. Eastman was headhunting the whole time and made it boring to me. So i agree with Dana White on this one. Headhunting sloppy american kickboxers are the worst.

• Paid Members

To me Barry and Morecraft using the whole game of MMA with kickboxing, BJJ and wrestling is alot more entertaining then two kickboxers not hurting each other. Eastman was headhunting the whole time and made it boring to me. So i agree with Dana White on this one. Headhunting sloppy american kickboxers are the worst.

Well that's your opinion, but look around the internet, the fight was heavily praised all over. Not saying Barry/Morecraft didn't deserve FOTN, but it's madness to say Eastman and Papazian didn't put on a great show and deserved to be in with a shout. Which is why Dana Tweeted saying they would be taken care of.

• Paid Members
Pat Barry after the fight in the locker room: "I'm not going to cut my hair until I get a win by submission. I might end up like Clay Guida."

:laugh: I can't picture Barry with long hair. Wonder if it grows in an afro? Barry would look class with a massive afro.

Well that's your opinion, but look around the internet, the fight was heavily praised all over. Not saying Barry/Morecraft didn't deserve FOTN, but it's madness to say Eastman and Papazian didn't put on a great show and deserved to be in with a shout. Which is why Dana Tweeted saying they would be taken care of.

Yeah I had Easton/Papazian as FOTN for sure. Barry vs Morecraft was a blast aswell. Who cares? I'm sure they've all been cashed up with bonuses behind the scenes in some form.

I don't think it's fair to dismiss Easton vs Papazian as a sloppy kickboxing match either. I didn't think their striking was particularly sloppy. Using the whole MMA game is great but I've got no problem with a complete stand up or a complete grappling fight getting FOTN to be honest. It shouldn't really matter what type of fight it is as long as it's entertaining it's worthy of a bonus imo.

Glad to see Dana said Easton and Papazian will be 'taken care of' anyway. Especially given they're probably not on a whole lot of dough yet either being their UFC debuts.

Pat Barry after the fight in the locker room: "I'm not going to cut my hair until I get a win by submission. I might end up like Clay Guida."

:laugh: I can't picture Barry with long hair. Wonder if it grows in an afro? Barry would look class with a massive afro.

All I can picture is him looking something like this:

c63c2fbe72haku.jpg

• Paid Members

i think your critisicm is overly harsh. It wern't like they were two Leonard Garcia's in there, Papazian and Easton both showed some tight technique, there were some insane moments of brawling but it wasn't overly sloppy...and to say both guys wern't hurting each other sounds like they were throwing pitter-pat strikes, when in reality they were fucking blasting each other, a lot of those strikes would have put many 135'ers away. It was a savage fight.

Archived