Nigel McGuinness training seminar - Preston - December 3rd

fludder99

I have been asked by a few people to put on a training seminar for Nigel McGuinness as there is not one taking place in the North West.

If you are interested you need to get in touch asap as I could arrange this and make it happen if you want it? I need about 9 more names to make it work so please let me know.

The price im looking around

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is nobody slightly worried that whatever illness caused him to have to leave TNA might be something you might catch in a training seminar with him? Both WWE and TNA have now passed on him for medical reasons, presumably they have legitimate concerns?

• Paid Members
Is nobody slightly worried that whatever illness caused him to have to leave TNA might be something you might catch in a training seminar with him? Both WWE and TNA have now passed on him for medical reasons, presumably they have legitimate concerns?

Not only that, ROH (who are desperate for star names now they have TV) have him under contract and he doesnt wrestle for them. Surely safety is the main thing whether its WWE, TNA or the smallest Indy promotion.

the reasons are medical but like Austin is fit to work on Tough Enough but not wrestle full time. Nigel is ok to wrestle a few matches but no doubt will be not fit to wrestle again for quite a while.

Its a shame as Nigel is a really nice guy.

the reasons are medical but like Austin is fit to work on Tough Enough but not wrestle full time. Nigel is ok to wrestle a few matches but no doubt will be not fit to wrestle again for quite a while.

Its a shame as Nigel is a really nice guy.

The rumour I heard was Nigel had a certain blood-borne virus, this is why he will not get cleared.

Bit of a difference between carrying an infectious disease and being fucked muscle/bone wise like Austin is.

Indeed. If a trainee contracted Hep-B from a training seminar, you can imagine that wouldn't be great publicity for the school!

Uh huh.

So is this training seminar likely to include "How to blade and smear your own blood into your opponents open wound"?

"How to be busted open and strategically drop your blood into their mouth"?

Wiki wiki:

Hepatitis B viruses cannot be spread by casual contact, such as holding hands, sharing eating utensils or drinking glasses, breast-feeding, kissing, hugging, coughing, or sneezing

X-Pac has confirmed Hep C, but continues to make a living in wrestling and is even helping train in FCW.

We do not know what Nigel has or doesn't have until he chooses to reveal anything publically.

EDIT as I am aware how awkward the Wikiquote makes the training seminar look if you can hold hands, hug and kiss.....

Hepatitis B viruses cannot be spread by casual contact, such as holding hands, sharing eating utensils or drinking glasses, breast-feeding, kissing, hugging, coughing, or sneezing

Will Nigel offer breast-feeding at these seminars? I think they might be under-paying him

Indeed. If a trainee contracted Hep-B from a training seminar, you can imagine that wouldn't be great publicity for the school!

Uh huh.

So is this training seminar likely to include "How to blade and smear your own blood into your opponents open wound"?

Wiki wiki:

X-Pac has confirmed Hep C, but continues to make a living in wrestling and is even helping train in FCW.

We do not know what Nigel has or doesn't have until he chooses to reveal anything publically.

EDIT as I am aware how awkward the Wikiquote makes the training seminar look if you can hold hands, hug and kiss.....

I'm sure that 99% of contact sports organisations don't contract those with Hep B/C for a reason.

Wrestling is a 'contact' sport, yes the risk is very minimal but it's not something i'd want to risk contracting. Can you imagine he's demonstrating something and collides heads with someone and start's bleeding on the floor? I'm sure it'd be uncomfortable for everyone.

Uh huh.

Wiki wiki:

I'm sure that 99% of contact sports organisations don't contract those with Hep B/C for a reason.

Wrestling is a 'contact' sport, yes the risk is very minimal but it's not something i'd want to risk contracting. Can you imagine he's demonstrating something and collides heads with someone and start's bleeding on the floor? I'm sure it'd be uncomfortable for everyone.

Do you genuinely think that Nigel is gonna be in the ring with each and every single trainee individually and will run through spots that may involve the chance of being busted open hardway?

Odds are, as in most training seminars, Nigel will be on hand to counsel, observe and offer advice. He may only get physically involved minimally to show students himself, but may only actually work with the one person, usually another wrestler for the students to watch and then attempt it amongst themselves with him watching.

I don't get why you're attempting to fear monger. X-Pac is trusted to work with the WWE's feeder group and there's the slim likelihood that he may ultimately end up headbutting someone and end up bleeding......

Jumbo Tsuruta contacted Hep B in 1992, left wrestling for a year and then returned to opening card bouts and comedy matches. He eventually retired in 1999 so spent six full years wrestling with Hep B which the office and workers were aware of so positioned him on the card where his illness would be a minimal risk.

Do you know if Nigel has Hep B or are we all just listening to hear say and rumours?

When I last saw Nigel in May 2010, he could wrestle fine, but seeing him outside the ring it was clear he was in obvious pain as he hobbled instead of walked. He's got a history of shoulder injuries and concussions. How are we to not know these are the reasonings for his retirement? Dixie felt sure he was going to return to TNA, and Hulk Hogan even said the ball was in Nigel's court in regards to an in-ring return.

Nigel has not said anything publically in regards to these rumours, all we're doing is discussing rumours.

Uh huh.

Wiki wiki:

Do you genuinely think that Nigel is gonna be in the ring with each and every single trainee individually and will run through spots that may involve the chance of being busted open hardway?

Odds are, as in most training seminars, Nigel will be on hand to counsel, observe and offer advice. He may only get physically involved minimally to show students himself, but may only actually work with the one person, usually another wrestler for the students to watch and then attempt it amongst themselves with him watching.

I don't get why you're attempting to fear monger. X-Pac is trusted to work with the WWE's feeder group and there's the slim likelihood that he may ultimately end up headbutting someone and end up bleeding......

Jumbo Tsuruta contacted Hep B in 1992, left wrestling for a year and then returned to opening card bouts and comedy matches. He eventually retired in 1999 so spent six full years wrestling with Hep B which the office and workers were aware of so positioned him on the card where his illness would be a minimal risk.

Do you know if Nigel has Hep B or are we all just listening to hear say and rumours?

When I last saw Nigel in May 2010, he could wrestle fine, but seeing him outside the ring it was clear he was in obvious pain as he hobbled instead of walked. He's got a history of shoulder injuries and concussions. How are we to not know these are the reasonings for his retirement? Dixie felt sure he was going to return to TNA, and Hulk Hogan even said the ball was in Nigel's court in regards to an in-ring return.

Nigel has not said anything publically in regards to these rumours, all we're doing is discussing rumours.

This.

Archived