The Insane Championship Wrestling Thread

PBWFan

ICW is a weird thing. I've been out of the loop on Scottish wrestling for a long time. Now I see several friends on Facebook (none of whom I knew to be wrestling fans) talking about the events excitedly and inviting friends to go to future shows. It seems to be entirely a word of mouth thing, because posters are around, but no other shows get quite such a return from the same level of postering. I really must get along to one some time. I'm assuming I won't have to sit through another street fight or chain match like I did first time around. I still have nightmares about the criss-cross in the chain match...

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A deathmatch doesnt necessarily have to have no count outs though?

Dom Dom I would say that here and now, the quality of wrestling across the card in ICW is better than it has ever been.

A deathmatch is a hardcore type match so yes it does need no count outs.

Let's think back to when ICW started when it first said it was going to have no countouts and no DQS it helped seperate ICW from the rest of the Scottish wrestling scene.

Ahhh, the infamous first match in ICW. The dog collar match were the top rope broke was a disaster :)

We will be sorting out what rules we have and don't have for each match soon. There is no count outs, the refs just keep forgetting. Don't worry though will be sorting that before the next show.

• Moderators

I've never seen a show and am unlikely to as they're up in Scotland but it's very cool to see how this promotion has come along in the last couple years as I remember from this forum when they first started running.

Seems to have a really good following and consistent turnout. A good niche product, really.

So, congrats and well done Mark!

Cheers mate. BTW for those who don't know ICW will be on MyChannel (Sky 219) starting in January. Last Sundays show was our first taping. We won't be watered down in terms of violence and language, only rule we've been given is no nudity so you'll be seeing a crowd shot when Kid Fite gets his baws out for a good old fashioned teabagging. Remember Lou Thesz used to do that to Strangler Louis, good times :)

why would a hardcore match need countouts if the action takes place predominantly in the ring?

And i'm sure ICW is seperated from the rest fo scottish wrsetling for better reasons than simply having no countouts! xear youve lost your marbles. stop moaning and give us your fave icw moments!

My Favourite moments in ICW

Wolfgang turns heel, Gold Label Forms

BT Gunn wins the vacant ICW Championship

BT Gunn defeats Red Lightning to Retain the ICW Championship, only for Darkside to return, turns heel, Join the Gold Label and regain the ICW Championship

Lionheart vs Chris Renfrew, Last Man Standing

Noam Dar wins the ICW Zero G Championship

Darkside retains vs Jack Jester

8 Man Street Fight

Andy Wild wins the Best of 5

Womens Death Match

Noam Dar Regains the ICW Zero G Title

Whiplash and Jester tear it up (literally)

6 Man Street Fight

With the 4 guys within the gold label the feud possibilities and match combinations are endless. so if this is the beginning of the end for the label then we are in for some good matches.

Would like to see more of kid fite wolfgang and the possibility of a redwolf vs fight club match now that the best of 5 is done??

..Only rule we've been given is no nudity so you'll be seeing a crowd shot when Kid Fite gets his baws out for a good old fashioned teabagging...

Why not cut to some footage of a drawstring teabag being dunked in a mug of hot water?

Mmm, symbolism. Hope it's not too subtle.

That could work :)

In other news saw all the footage from our first 4 episodes today. Very happy with it.

Archived