UKFF FPL Week 10

Fog Dude

UEFA Euro 2012 qualifying (various groups)Andorra 0 v 1 Ireland (8:30pm)Cyprus 1 v 1 Denmark (7:30pm)Greece 1 v 2 CroatiaLiechtenstein 0 v 1 Scotland (Saturday 6:30pm)Montenegro 0 v 2 England (8pm)Northern Ireland 1 v 1 EstoniaRomania 2 v 0 Belarus (7:30pm)Serbia 1 v 1 Italy Slovakia 1 v 1 Russia (7:15pm)Wales 1 v 2 SwitzerlandBIG 3 GAMBLE: YES

• Paid Members

UEFA Euro 2012 qualifying (various groups)

Andorra 0 v Ireland 3 (8:30pm)

Cyprus 1 v Denmark 2 (7:30pm)

Greece 1 v Croatia 3

Liechtenstein 0 v Scotland 2 (Saturday 6:30pm)

Montenegro 2 v England 1 (8pm)

Northern Ireland 1 v 0 Estonia

Romania 1 v Belarus 1 (7:30pm)

Serbia 0 v Italy 2

Slovakia 2 v Russia 1 (7:15pm)

Wales 2 v Switzerland 1

BIG 3 GAMBLE: NO

* Turkey-Germany and Czech Rep-Spain worry me *

UEFA Euro 2012 qualifying (various groups)Andorra 0-2 Ireland (8:30pm)Cyprus 1-3 Denmark (7:30pm)Greece 0-1 CroatiaLiechtenstein 1-2 Scotland (Saturday 6:30pm)Montenegro 1-3 England (8pm)Northern Ireland 0-0 EstoniaRomania 1-1 Belarus (7:30pm)Serbia 1-2 ItalySlovakia 1-1 Russia (7:15pm)Wales 0-1 SwitzerlandBIG 3 GAMBLE: YES

UEFA Euro 2012 qualifying (various groups)Andorra 1-3 Ireland (8:30pm)Cyprus 1-2 Denmark (7:30pm)Greece 1-1 CroatiaLiechtenstein 1-3 Scotland (Saturday 6:30pm)Montenegro 2-4 England (8pm)Northern Ireland 2-0 EstoniaRomania 1-1 Belarus (7:30pm)Serbia 3-2 ItalySlovakia 1-1 Russia (7:15pm)Wales 1-1 SwitzerlandBIG 3 GAMBLE: YES

UEFA Euro 2012 qualifying (various groups)Andorra 0 v 1 Ireland (8:30pm)Cyprus 0 v 2 Denmark (7:30pm)Greece 1 v 1 CroatiaLiechtenstein 0 v 2 Scotland (Saturday 6:30pm)Montenegro 1 v 2 England (8pm)Northern Ireland 0 v 0 EstoniaRomania 1 v 0 Belarus (7:30pm)Serbia 2 v 2 Italy Slovakia 1 v 2 Russia (7:15pm)Wales 1 v 2 SwitzerlandBIG 3 GAMBLE: YES

UEFA Euro 2012 qualifying (various groups)Andorra 0 v 1 Ireland (8:30pm)Cyprus 0 v 2 Denmark (7:30pm)Greece 1 v 1 CroatiaLiechtenstein 1 v 1 Scotland (Saturday 6:30pm)Montenegro 0 v 1 England (8pm)Northern Ireland 1 v 1 EstoniaRomania 2 v 1 Belarus (7:30pm)Serbia 1 v 2 ItalySlovakia 1 v 1 Russia (7:15pm)Wales 1 v 2 SwitzerlandBIG 3 GAMBLE: NO

BIG 3 GAMBLE: NOT BETTING

:omg: For shame, Del!UEFA Euro 2012 qualifyingAndorra 0-3 Ireland Cyprus 1-2 Denmark Greece 0-2 CroatiaLiechtenstein 0-1 Scotland Montenegro 2-3 EnglandNorthern Ireland 1-1 EstoniaRomania 3-1 BelarusSerbia 0-0 Italy Slovakia 2-2 Russia Wales 2-1 SwitzerlandBIG 3 GAMBLE: NO And as a little Friday bonus: here's last week's table, finally updated. Which means I have a connection in my room after weeks of going without. It's as intermittent as last semester's but somehow even slower, which is why I very nearly missed this round bar the Scotland game. Better click 'Add Reply' before it goes again!

And as a little Friday bonus: here's last week's table, finally updated. Which means I have a connection in my room after weeks of going without. It's as intermittent as last semester's but somehow even slower, which is why I very nearly missed this round bar the Scotland game. Better click 'Add Reply' before it goes again!

Bout time I had a good week!

Almost forgot about this. Blasted Friday games!UEFA Euro 2012 qualifying (various groups)Andorra 0-2 Ireland (8:30pm)Cyprus 1-2 Denmark (7:30pm)Greece 0-0 CroatiaLiechtenstein 0-5 Scotland (Saturday 6:30pm)Montenegro 0-2 England (8pm)Northern Ireland 0-1 EstoniaRomania 1-0 Belarus (7:30pm)Serbia 1-2 ItalySlovakia 1-1 Russia (7:15pm)Wales 0-2 SwitzerlandBIG 3 GAMBLE: YES

Holland just beat Moldova after Germany and Spain's wins in much trickier away games earlier tonight. Which means that for the first time I can remember, YES was the correct way to bet in the Big 3 Gamble. The next table could look much-changed tomorrow night (or whenever) as a result.

Almost forgot about this. Blasted Friday games!

Have you considered writing a strongly-worded letter about this issue to M Platini?

Holland just beat Moldova after Germany and Spain's wins in much trickier away games earlier tonight. Which means that for the first time I can remember, YES was the correct way to bet in the Big 3 Gamble. The next table could look much-changed tomorrow night (or whenever) as a result.

Almost forgot about this. Blasted Friday games!

Have you considered writing a strongly-worded letter about this issue to M Platini?
Here's the draft:Dear Monsieur Platini,I am both outraged and disgusted that qualifying games for the 2012 European Football Championships are being held on Fridays. You have clearly not considered the negative effect this may have on certain UKFF FPL entrants who routinely make their predictions on a Saturday morning. One entrant, who shall remain unnamed, is struggling toward the foot of the table and whose form is comparable to both Bristol City and Ardeer Thistle this season. He does not need his Saturday routine messed up by Friday night international matches and he would suggest that internationals be played only on a Saturday or Wednesday from now on. Should you fail to rectify this issue, you may find yourself suffering from a "heart attack" far more real than that suffered during the 2010 World Cup.Yours Sincerely,Annoyed Football Fan.P.S. Why is Liechtenstin vs Scotland being played on a Saturday?P.P.S. It is clear that Ukraine won't be ready to co-host Euro 2012. I suggest drafting in Scotland as co-host, depending on Tuesday's results in Group I.P.P.P.P.S Qatar in 2022. What were u thinking?P.P.P.P.P.S The extra P above stands for B.Y.O.B.B.

Here's the draft:

P.P.P.P.P.S The extra P above stands for B.Y.O.B.B.

:laugh: That's brilliant. Deserves to be seen by a wider audience than just us FPLers. I take it that means Ardeer Thistle aren't doing too well this season then? Or perhaps they are if the comparison to you own form still holds, as you're up to joint 10th with the equally self-deprecating brownie in the table, which was updated first thing Sunday morning (since when I've been to Italy and back, though not for football, so sorry for the last-minute nature of this round-up again).

That means the previous table was a bit blink-and-you'll-miss-it, but these things can't be helped. We still have the same people at the very top and bottom, but tom was in a minority who bet on the usual NO in the Big 3 Gamble and is now level on points with joe. For once YES was right as I mentioned on Saturday, with the Dutch making hard work of what looked like the easiest fixture, but even they won in the end. No less than 16 players saw that coming, which meant for an abnormally high-scoring week and lots of movement. The round's top scorer smp is now clear in second - another marked contrast to last season's form - while everyone who bet the wrong way ended up in the bottom half. Only Del with his indecision managed to cling onto 12th spot. Former champion TUFC had a stinker which we'll say no more about.

Away from the Gamble, Ireland and Scotland's away victories over Europe's minnows were the most productive results, but the narrow nature of the latter surprised most people, who'd obviously forgotten all about the lucky escape at Hampden Park last year. Denmark's win in the Med was also very useful, with the Russian triumph and the draw in Belgrade not far behind. Harder to guess were Norn Iron's continued decline as Estonia marched onto the play-offs and Wales' recent upswing seeing them off the bottom of the group by beating the Swiss in Swansea. That helped Montenegro into next month's two-legged knockout phase, but their part of the bargain which involved snatching a point at the death at home to England surprised many. Rounding out the tougher to foresee matches were the Croatian surrender in Athens and the Romanians' failure to beat Belarus at home.

Some people will be pleased to hear that the next card, coming up in an hour or two, does not feature any games that start before 3pm on Saturday. Half the matches are in fact on Sunday though, thanks to what should be our only visit Down Under this season (in honour of Men at Work losing their copyright case and the ongoing Rugby World Cup) and closer to home, two local derbies switched by the police to quell trouble. Look out for that in a new thread very soon.

Archived