Greg Valentine vs Lanny Poffo shoot?

Dr Reefer

• Paid Members

Poffo's rant in that video was actually quite funny. I know they are making a big deal out of it on the Youtube video description, as far as them insisting that it's a shoot. It might very well be a shoot, but personally, I can never take these kind of things seriously when guys have these Youtube videos going backwards and forwards.

Listening to Lanny, it sounds like he inherited quite a chunk of change from both his father and brother Randy, and it just seems a daft thing to do by spending some of that money on trying to get Greg Valentine into an "MMA match".

My favourite part was Poffo calling Valentine a pussy. Just the way he said it, with that voice of his, didn't sound very menacing at all.

God bless these ageing wrestlers making full use of their internet access.

• Paid Members
Greg Valentine looks like a foreign nan.

I know what you mean. I've always thought he looks like some sort of butch looking lesbian in their 50's and 60's. If he does get into any scraps with Leaping Lanny, then I'd suggest that he just sticks a nut onto the Genius because Hammers cranium is immense.

[monsoon]It'll have to be a five round affair. Valentine doesn't even get warmed up for the first 15 minutes.[/monsoon]

How many minutes did he need to get warm? He didn't exactly wrestle a fast-paced style, at least not when I started watching in the mid-1980s... I can't imagine how slow his wrestling must be in 2011!

• Paid Members
God bless these ageing wrestlers making full use of their internet access.

Bigtime - it's so sad. The saddest one I've ever seen was Balls Mahony, all beat up after a show and looking sore & old, trying to track down a promoter who legged it without paying him his $100 or whatever. Calling into someones house after the show & trying to track him down. What a life... exactly like The Wrestler.

Archived