Wrestling in Kent

Dingo Warrior

EWW and another fed have occasionally run the King's Hall in Herne bay, but not for a while. I heard that the venue weren't happy with EWW doing less than family friendly stuff, but that may not be true. IPW tend to run sittingbourne every two months but seem to be having a summer break right now. They're by far the best shows you'll see in this area. LDN have run Margate loads of times in the past, not sure if that's still a regular thing or not. NWA Hammerlock did a tribute show for Andre Baker at Maidstone recently, but their next show was in Cheshunt, and the next one too apparently, so not sure if they'll be back in Maidstone.

Edit: Just realised that this post isn't really much help. Sorry.

• Paid Members
Cheers for that! Do they advertise anywhere except Margate? I live in Canterbury, frequently visit Ashford, Whitstable, Folkestone among other local towns, but never see any posters anywhere.

They advertise in all the towns and villages around Thanet but no further than that.

Ah, for the days of Hammerlock and The Wrestling Alliance.

Used to go and see their shows on alternating months in Margate during the late 90's/early 00's.

TWA used to allow us Margate lot a bit more 'freedom' than Hammerlock as it relates to swearing and 'audience interaction'.

Ricky Knight and Sweet Saraya were particularly unpopular if I remember rightly.

Hammerlock didnt allow swearing but that didnt stop the kids pelting Jon Ryan with inflatable hammers every time he left the ring. If there was a tag match, the heel stood on the apron would get the full-on inflatable hammer treatment too.

Great days.

• Paid Members

All Star also, have regular dates at the Woodville Halls in Gravesend, which is more worth going to watch the lunatics in the crowd rather than the in ring action. Alhou I'm not sure if Gravesend is one of the venues All Star is cutting back on in 2012.

I am wondering what's going on with IPW:UK seen as they haven't offically announced a November date and with shows usually two/three months apart, they usually have that amount of time for ticket sales.

Was talking to someone about this the other day, and we seem to remember it being a slightly longer break last summer. Sincerely hoping they'll be back to a regular schedule soon as these shows are something my mates and I all really look forward to.

Feb, April, June, August, October & December Sittingbourne shows last year.

I can appreciate how hard they worked last year and how crowd turn outs were supposedly down this year they may be taking a longer break as absence makes the heart grow fonder and I'm certainly feeling it in this instance.

• 3 weeks later...
:)

Deets coming as soon as Mr. Quildan is back from losing our DVD sales in Vegas ;).

And three weeks later.....

Not trying to be awkward or anything cos I really miss IPW:UK right now. I heard a rumour the next show is supposed to be the last Sunday of November, and wXw's big anniversary show falls on the Saturday of that weekend....

:)

Deets coming as soon as Mr. Quildan is back from losing our DVD sales in Vegas ;).

And three weeks later.....

Not trying to be awkward or anything cos I really miss IPW:UK right now. I heard a rumour the next show is supposed to be the last Sunday of November, and wXw's big anniversary show falls on the Saturday of that weekend....

Just make sure you follow us on: http://twitter.com/#!/ipwuk around about today or tomorrow. Cheeeeeeeers. ;)

Archived