Broken laptop screen > broken laptop

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

So, I have a working laptop. Except the screen is broken. I also have an unworking laptop, meaning it can't be powered up, but the screen is fine. Is there anyway I can connect the working laptop with the broken screen to the unworking laptop with the good screen? Probably not. But I have googled...no help really. TIA.

If they're the same model it should be piss easy, If they're not but are the same size screen there's a chance you can swap them over if they have the same connection which you won't really know till you open them up. I've changed my own screen twice & it took about five minutes, literally the hardest part was being careful not to snap the screen bezel when taking it off. Screen cost me 71 quid the first time & 61 the second time, so if the lappy's in good nick it's worth buying a new screen (& a whole lot cheaper than buying a new one or getting it fitted!)

If you just got a normal monitor, which you could pick up pretty cheap, then that's easy. Not what you asked, but maybe worth considering.

Same if you have an lcd/modern tv, most have vga plugins, all you'd need is a cable on you can pick those up very cheap.

Archived