Libya Conflict May Soon Be Over

patiirc

Sky News Link

Well something has been building all day given the amount of coverage on the news. Its not really come as a shock that this has happened though, given the amount of help the rebels have had, in achieving their aims and it has taken some time to get this far despite all the help

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I'm guessing that the Libyans will be glad that they've been "liberated" from a leader who nationalised the oil, was using the profits to the benefit of the population and built a 5000km pipeline across the desert for gas, oil and fresh water (which NATO kindly blasted to fuck).

Still, now they can start to rack up some debt to the IMF and their new Government will undoubtedly be more receptive to handing over commodities such as oil for substantially less than their worth to countries like the US.

Democracy, eh? What a fucking Godsend.

'Over' is probably a bit misleading, to be honest. Unless the rebels are going to go round executing any leftover Gaddafi loyalists they can find (which would make them, in effect, no better than the regime they overthrew), I can see a lot more insurgency and civil unrest in the months to come.

• Paid Members
What amazing times we live in, honestly it sends chills down my spine, it's an exiting time to be alive just for this. There needs to be a big free outdoor concert in Tripoli when the dust has settled, with loads of big name stars.

Or we could just send you over there now.

Archived